DETHONRAY HPAMP HA-2 CLASS A (16 - 600ohm) Portable IEM Headphone Amplifier
Jan 16, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #32 of 230
The BQEYZ Spring 1 likes a lot of power...and a copper cable.

DTR1/HA-2 combo makes my IEM sing and improve their dynamic, with no exception so far.

IMG_20200116_212035.jpg

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #34 of 230
So I got my HA-2 earlier today. Didn't expect it to be this powerful.

If I can do a cross check, please. Off position is at 7 o'clock. On position is at 8 o'clock. Channel imbalance is present until around 9:30.

This is not to discredit the amp by the way. Most, if not all, analog volume pots will display this behavior.

Thank you.

Jan 29, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #35 of 230
whoahh, thanks for the impression!

I am having my Xduooxd05plus (with burson V5idual) DAC/AMP, it is also well known for its power, any comparatiom please?

That would be a great battle!! I never heard it unfortunately... it looks nice and sturdy, this Xduoo. Figures are one thing, but a real comparison would be better. Just one thing to think about, the Xduoo is Amp/Dac under the same chassis and HA-2 is a standalone amp. Depending on circuitry, it could make a difference, but nobody will know before testing... I am very curious now, thanks @chaotic_angel :)

I previously owned an Xduoo XD-05+. Rolled opamps with it as well, including the V5i-D. I'll be meeting the current owner of said amp, soon-ish I hope. From what I can hear from the HA-2, it will give the XD-05+ a good fight.

Will report back.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #36 of 230
So I got my HA-2 earlier today. Didn't expect it to be this powerful.

If I can do a cross check, please. Off position is at 7 o'clock. On position is at 8 o'clock. Channel imbalance is present until around 9:30.

This is not to discredit the amp by the way. Most, if not all, analog volume pots will display this behavior.

Thank you.
I experience the same thing. Not annoying for sure, the same occurs with the FiiO A5, to a lesser extent, though.

And yes, the HA-2 is very powerful. Amazing amp. I would like to put it against a Vorzüge amp and check the differences. I am pretty sure that there are almost none, if any. Vorzüge is way overpriced I fear. But I don't have the budget to get one atm.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #38 of 230
I experience the same thing. Not annoying for sure, the same occurs with the FiiO A5, to a lesser extent, though.

And yes, the HA-2 is very powerful. Amazing amp. I would like to put it against a Vorzüge amp and check the differences. I am pretty sure that there are almost none, if any. Vorzüge is way overpriced I fear. But I don't have the budget to get one atm.
I‘ve got the VorzAmp Duo II. No channel imbalance to hear on this amp. Would like to listen to the HA-2 :)

Jan 29, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #39 of 230
I‘ve got the VorzAmp Duo II. No channel imbalance to hear on this amp. Would like to listen to the HA-2 :)
Ok, thanks for your input...but before we get too far in that "channel imbalance" trip, it has to be said that it only concerns very low volume level at no-one will ever listen to his music.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #40 of 230
IMG20200130173825.jpg

Hunting for synergy with my current gear.

I find that the ifi Nano BL pairs nicely with the HA-2 and my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home. I like this pairing better than with the DTR1. Stage is a bit wider, less meaty mids. This is the first time I can hear detail and control with my cans across then spectrum.

Time to get a better SE cable.

Aside: I find the thread title amusing (maybe a bit shy). "Portable IEM Headphone Amplifier" can be quite misleading. This baby can power full size cans with ease as well.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #41 of 230
Just received this. I will share a brief impression after some hours of use.

20200204_173832.jpg

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #42 of 230

Please report about the sound for sure, but also about the hiss picked by the Andromeda vs. DTR1!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #43 of 230
I previously owned an Xduoo XD-05+. Rolled opamps with it as well, including the V5i-D. I'll be meeting the current owner of said amp, soon-ish I hope. From what I can hear from the HA-2, it will give the XD-05+ a good fight.

Will report back.
helo @eyan still look forward to hear your impression please.. :)

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #44 of 230

20200204_173832.jpg

Stack: DTR1 + HPAMP + Andromeda == Mind blown. Now I understand why people go for stacking. I was not even aware of such a clean sound.
Here are the impressions.

1. Andromeda is a different monster. Unimaginable sound reproduction. It has a better staging with the amp. No hiss at all. I am still using the Iematch with it(totally out of the habit of using it with DTR1), but the amp's sound reproduction is too clean. So Iematch is not required in it.

2. There is an elevated bass for sure. Not much though, but since DTR1 is more of a neutral-sounding dap (read: no elevated bass), I can feel the increased bass. The lows are a lot punchier without compromising the other frequencies. Treble is totally sorted. No peaks, nothing at all. Each instrument sounds so proper, so properly distinguishable.

3. Andromeda by default is very bright, which is why I am using Iematch with DTR1. But with the amp, the sensitivity and brightness are very very controlled which is why Andro is much more enjoyable.

4. The synergy of this amp is amazing with the DTR1. It's like the amp is totally complementing the dap. Made for each other pair.

5. With my Macbook Pro(15inch), the sound reproduction through the amp is great, well, but not as great as it is with the DTR1.

6. This is my first amp experience. I had never imagined the Imagine album to sound so unimaginable. No hiss (at least none recognizable in a silent setting), so much clarity, such detailing, I was almost in tears. Mind you, I am no seasoned audiophile, no reviewer, just an avid music lover talking straight from the heart.

Feb 5, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #45 of 230
Stack: DTR1 + HPAMP + Andromeda == Mind blown. Now I understand why people go for stacking. I was not even aware of such a clean sound.
Here are the impressions.

1. Andromeda is a different monster. Unimaginable sound reproduction. It has a better staging with the amp. No hiss at all. I am still using the Iematch with it(totally out of the habit of using it with DTR1), but the amp's sound reproduction is too clean. So Iematch is not required in it.

2. There is an elevated bass for sure. Not much though, but since DTR1 is more of a neutral-sounding dap (read: no elevated bass), I can feel the increased bass. The lows are a lot punchier without compromising the other frequencies. Treble is totally sorted. No peaks, nothing at all. Each instrument sounds so proper, so properly distinguishable.

3. Andromeda by default is very bright, which is why I am using Iematch with DTR1. But with the amp, the sensitivity and brightness are very very controlled which is why Andro is much more enjoyable.

4. The synergy of this amp is amazing with the DTR1. It's like the amp is totally complementing the dap. Made for each other pair.

5. With my Macbook Pro(15inch), the sound reproduction through the amp is great, well, but not as great as it is with the DTR1.

6. This is my first amp experience. I had never imagined the Imagine album to sound so unimaginable. No hiss (at least none recognizable in a silent setting), so much clarity, such detailing, I was almost in tears. Mind you, I am no seasoned audiophile, no reviewer, just an avid music lover talking straight from the heart.
Nice! Thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back