Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Jan 14, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #347 of 1,004
You liked it? :sunglasses:

1610613775900.png

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #352 of 1,004
For those of you who like it a lot, may I ask like in which way in particular? Is it a coloration of sound that you enjoy? Is it in any way close to portable tubes? Or rather "just" being able to drive your collection of headphones and IEMs properly?

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #353 of 1,004
For those of you who like it a lot, may I ask like in which way in particular? Is it a coloration of sound that you enjoy? Is it in any way close to portable tubes? Or rather "just" being able to drive your collection of headphones and IEMs properly?
genelec dethonray honey.jpg

In my experience it's precise / detailed and at the same time organic and fluid. Aside from being capable of driving power hungry over-ears, it is dead quiet with sensitive in-ears. To me ( just my personal opinion) this is not so much a tube like sound, you might get that idea because of dynamics/speed and fluid sound.
I still enjoy my maybe 10 years old Genelec’s with this Dethonray Honey..

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #354 of 1,004
In my experience it's precise / detailed and at the same time organic and fluid. Aside from being capable of driving power hungry over-ears, it is dead quiet with sensitive in-ears. To me ( just my personal opinion) this is not so much a tube like sound, you might get that idea because of dynamics/speed and fluid sound.

Right yes, it's just things like when a youtube reviewer says something like "everything sounds like honey" I'm wondering what that even means :D Anyways, sounds like a versatile and fun device.

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #355 of 1,004
Other than all the things that have been said about the fantastic sound quality, I find it to be an incredibly versatile player. I am a complete musical omnivore, and I like to listen to my collection on shuffle. Not a lot of gear out there can make it as smooth and enjoyable an experience when switching randomly between completely different sonic textures. The only other player that I have that can do it is DX220MAX.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #356 of 1,004
Great sound aside, any comments on heating and battery life?

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #357 of 1,004
Great sound aside, any comments on heating and battery life?
Device remains cold and battery life depends on 3.5mm (12 hours easy) and 4.4mm (approx. 8 hours), with migh-high volume

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #359 of 1,004
Is the firmware mature enough now? I want to get one but affraid lack future firmware support because i heard there will be only 190 units (caused by akm fire)
The fw 2.0 solved a lot of connection issues. I have my H1 perfectly working with my iPhone SE2020, Macbook Pro and digital transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back