Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Feb 19, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #1,711 of 2,313
@PoetOfTheKill if have 3.8 this is good firmware, people have problems on 4.0.

Your DTR1 turn on or still won't turn on?

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #1,712 of 2,313
@PoetOfTheKill if have 3.8 this is good firmware, people have problems on 4.0.

Your DTR1 turn on or still won't turn on?

I think it turns on now i had to press reset button on device but i also see when i power it off it wont turn on unless i reset again, very weird.

Also to add my version says v3.9

If it turns out it plays fine though i cant access update screen then ill just deal with it but i find it weird that the down button causes the device not to activate firmware updates and has to be reset to work again.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #1,713 of 2,313
Yes, this is one of fix.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #1,714 of 2,313
@F700 you use High Gain or not? I asked because my DTR1 again no turn on, this is very often problem, but this problem started when I use High Gain. On Middle Gain I never problem with this.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #1,715 of 2,313
@F700 you use High Gain or not? I asked because my DTR1 again no turn on, this is very often problem, but this problem started when I use High Gain. On Middle Gain I never problem with this.
I am on mid gain since I have updated the fw (3.8), a year ago.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #1,716 of 2,313
Very thanks @F700 for answer. Maybe this is a problem High Gain. On Middle Gain I never any problem, when I set to High Gain three weeks ago, then I have problem with no turn on.

Feb 21, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #1,717 of 2,313
If it turns out it plays fine though i cant access update screen then ill just deal with it but i find it weird that the down button causes the device not to activate firmware updates and has to be reset to work again.

You must power and down button in the same time for 5 minutes and release the buttons.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #1,718 of 2,313
You must power and down button in the same time for 5 minutes and release the buttons.
I dont know about 5 mins but yeah ive done it at the same time and the player wont turn on like it bricks itself until you press reset button

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,719 of 2,313
Sorry, my fault, 5s.

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,720 of 2,313
I dont know about 5 mins but yeah ive done it at the same time and the player wont turn on like it bricks itself until you press reset button
I had this happen before as well. Every time I would try to update the firmware, I was unable to get it to happen and I would have to use the reset button to get the device to turn on. I had it happen with v3.9 and a custom version of v3.9 that boosted the level of my right ear that Anson sent me. I eventually got the upgrade to work by being persistent. I don’t know if this is what solves it, but it seems like it is possible to hold the upgrade key combination too long. I was able to get the upgrade to work by releasing the keys as soon as I saw the screen coloration slightly change. It took me probably 20 or so tries but eventually it worked and now I am on v4.0

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #1,721 of 2,313
I had this happen before as well. Every time I would try to update the firmware, I was unable to get it to happen and I would have to use the reset button to get the device to turn on. I had it happen with v3.9 and a custom version of v3.9 that boosted the level of my right ear that Anson sent me. I eventually got the upgrade to work by being persistent. I don’t know if this is what solves it, but it seems like it is possible to hold the upgrade key combination too long. I was able to get the upgrade to work by releasing the keys as soon as I saw the screen coloration slightly change. It took me probably 20 or so tries but eventually it worked and now I am on v4.0
Any issues on 4.0 you've experienced?

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #1,722 of 2,313
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #1,723 of 2,313
Well - this is interesting. If you go to www.dethonray.com, it looks like the website has been updated. And if you choose 'Products' and then 'Player', it shows DTR1 and "DTR1 Plus". I don't know what that is - there isn't really any information about it. But under "Downloads" there is a reference to "Prelude DTR1 DAC DEMO" and something about the Soncoz SGD1 DAC. Does anyone know anything else about this ?

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #1,724 of 2,313
Hi, how sounds the Hifi Tin P1 on the DTR1?i already have a Fiio M11 but i'm searching a dap with extra sound quality (without gadgets steaming,bluetooth). I hesitate between the Dethonray and the QPS 161A (not satisfied by the cowon plenue D3,very small and very endurant but not enough powerful for certains iems or headphones)

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #1,725 of 2,313
Well - this is interesting. If you go to www.dethonray.com, it looks like the website has been updated. And if you choose 'Products' and then 'Player', it shows DTR1 and "DTR1 Plus". I don't know what that is - there isn't really any information about it. But under "Downloads" there is a reference to "Prelude DTR1 DAC DEMO" and something about the Soncoz SGD1 DAC. Does anyone know anything else about this ?
Well that sounds exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back