Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Feb 1, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #1,666 of 2,313
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #1,668 of 2,313
What are the dimensions (height, length and depth) of the DTR1? I can't find them on the net .........
From Amazon: 3.94 x 2.17 x 0.63 inches

Feb 6, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,670 of 2,313
Wondering about the state of things at Dethonray - www.dethonray.com doesn't seem to be working (you get the 500 error - http://www.dethonray.com/expire.php). www.dethonray.nl seems to be the better web site but it is Europe only. DTR1 does not seem to be available for North America (I got mine on Amazon but it now says "currently unavailable"). Honey H1 is on Amazon but only sold by "HiFiGo". There is no recent activity on the regular Dethonray FB page - only the ".nl" page.

So - the ".nl" site looks good but I think it is only for European customers. Have they stopped making new DTR1s for now ? (I would like to recommend the DAP to others here in North America but I'm not sure how they would get one)

Feb 6, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #1,672 of 2,313
That's good. I will say, though, that the last time I had something shipped from Russia to USA (it was an audio CD), it took about 6 weeks.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,673 of 2,313
I bought the DTR 1 from this shop on the third week of January. I am still waiting for it in Rome but I think it is normal when it is sent by local mail and not by couriers .... I think the times are just those. On the other hand, on that site the DTR1 can be found at a better price than elsewhere. They were also very nice and helpful.

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,674 of 2,313
Yes - that is the best price I have ever seen for DTR1 !

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #1,675 of 2,313
An update: F700 helped me make contact with Anson, who told me to send it to him in China. So, I packed it up, took it to the US Postal service, who refused to send it. I then went to UPS, who would send it, but the slowest, cheapest option would cost $227. Since I'd likely also be responsible for repair cost and return shipping, and the unit sells for $599 new, it make no sense to send it back. Any interest in a unit for parts? Anyone knowledgeable in repair who could fix it? (Likely have an expensive paperweight).
I'll avoid boutique Chinese companies in the future.

I Had a message after this, Anson had me contact and send the unit to someone in California, which I did (and for my hopes up). Turns out, I think he was a family member going to school there. I emailed him a few times, the bottom line was (from him), it doesn't start or charge. Nothing I can do with it, I'll send it back to you. So I'll out a bit more (not as much as shipping to China), for absolutely nothing. I don't think he even took it out off the box.
Sheesh....

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #1,676 of 2,313
I Had a message after this, Anson had Lee contact and send the unit to someone in California, which I did (and for my hopes up). Turns out, I think he was a family member going to school there. I emailed him a few times, the bottom line was (from him), it doesn't start or charge. Nothing I can do with it, I'll send it back to you. So I'll out a bit more (not as much as shipping to China), for absolutely nothing. I don't think he even took it out off the box.
Sheesh....
Sorry for the use of slang... but... That just sucks !!!

EDIT: Turns out Anson sent DrJAZZ a NEW DTR1 !!! So this is really GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #1,677 of 2,313
I Had a message after this, Anson had me contact and send the unit to someone in California, which I did (and for my hopes up). Turns out, I think he was a family member going to school there. I emailed him a few times, the bottom line was (from him), it doesn't start or charge. Nothing I can do with it, I'll send it back to you. So I'll out a bit more (not as much as shipping to China), for absolutely nothing. I don't think he even took it out off the box.
Sheesh....
Anson should send you a new unit. @F700 don’t you think there can be done something? This shouldn’t happen ...

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #1,678 of 2,313
Anson should send you a new unit. @F700 don’t you think there can be done something? This shouldn’t happen ...
This definitely is an accumulation of bad luck, that’s the least I can say. If I am not mistaken, @doctorjazz bought his unit used (my statement needs tbc) and I don’t know if he got the warranty card from the former owner. In these circumstances, it’s difficult for me to judge if Anson should send him a new unit or not. I feel for doctorjazz, not only because he is a nice guy and love music as much as I do, but because he has put a lot of effort and patience into solving the issues of his DTR1. Having contacted Anson at the end of last year on behalf of Doctorjazz to get « things » done, I now let both parties find an arrangement.

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #1,679 of 2,313
This definitely is an accumulation of bad luck, that’s the least I can say. If I am not mistaken, @doctorjazz bought his unit used (my statement needs tbc) and I don’t know if he got the warranty card from the former owner. In these circumstances, it’s difficult for me to judge if Anson should send him a new unit or not. I feel for doctorjazz, not only because he is a nice guy and love music as much as I do, but because he has put a lot of effort and patience into solving the issues of his DTR1. Having contacted Anson at the end of last year on behalf of Doctorjazz to get « things » done, I now let both parties find an arrangement.
Ah, alright. I didn’t know it was used. That’s a different story. I hope Anson will find a solution nonetheless!

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #1,680 of 2,313
My error, and humble apologies to Anson and crew! They did send me a new unit, (packed exactly as I sent it to them). I'm still not getting it to turn on, but it likely is my charger. I ordered a new one, and I'll see how it goes. But, I have to say, the service, in contrast to my (stupid, premature) angry post, was actually above and beyond what I expected (and what I think most companies would provide in my situation). I'm eating humble pie, and very thankful to the Dethonray crew, Anson and all. Current lesson (boy, you get older, but don't stop making stupid mistakes you need to learn from...)-DON'T MAKE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS WHEN YOU'RE ANGRY!!!!!
I'll report back when I get my new charger.

:pensive:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back