Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #1,636 of 2,313
Keeping DNA dethonray would be the best choice. If I understand correctly the differences between HA2 and BX1 are minimal. Did I get it right?
BX2+ is clearly better than BX1, as stated in my previous post. The difference is not minimal in my opinion, on the contrary, the BX2+ is a real step up from the BX1.

And what differences did you notice between Dethonray and LPGT?
I did not listened to the LPGT, but the owners are pretty unanimous about it being a totl neutral and highly detailed DAP.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #1,637 of 2,313
BX2+ is clearly better than BX1, as stated in my previous post. The difference is not minimal in my opinion, on the contrary, the BX2+ is a real step up from the BX1.

I did not listened to the LPGT, but the owners are pretty unanimous about it being a totl neutral and highly detailed DAP.
Maybe I expressed myself badly ..... I meant that the difference is minimal (if I understand correctly) between Romi Audio BX1 and Dethonray HA2 .....

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #1,638 of 2,313
Maybe I expressed myself badly ..... I meant that the difference is minimal (if I understand correctly) between Romi Audio BX1 and Dethonray HA2 .....
Yes, difference between BX1 and HA-2 is not that big. HA-2 is a bit brighter and more powerful.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #1,640 of 2,313
Add an amp to the DTR1 and spare $$$. Its LO is fantastic. I did not listen to the QPM, but stacking a quality amp with the DTR1 will unleash its true potential. A warmish or neutral amp will balance the DTR1's clear sound signature and then let your IEM or headphone adding the final flavor into the mix.
That is a good point. The HA2 is indeed an excellent amp with which to pair the DTR1. I am glad I picked one up.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #1,641 of 2,313
Can the DTR1 only be connected to its HA2 amp with the double 3.5mm jack?
Unfortunately, yes. But since the DTR1/HA2 combo sound so wonderful, I do not miss the balanced part that my other gear has.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,643 of 2,313
Jan 28, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #1,645 of 2,313
However they say that the Cowon Plenue L should follow as a philosophy, the sound of the Dethonray ..... I don't know what the differences may be .....
Plenue L is a EUR 2K device. I did not test it myself, but it seems that this DAP has a similar sound signature as the DTR1.

Lotoo LPGT might be something to consider as well.
Cowon Plenue L is nowhere near the DTR1 IMO!

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #1,646 of 2,313
But how does the Honey H1 dac / amp, change the sound compared to the DTR1 + HA2?
I don’t have the Honey H1, sorry. As for connecting, I just use the dual 3.5mm se cable.

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #1,649 of 2,313
speaking of 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnects, which cables do you use @F700 and recommend?
Forza Audio bespoke interconnect or Romi interconnect (Taichi). Tbh, any well-braided or seriously manufactured cable will do the trick. Furutech for example :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,650 of 2,313
Forza Audio bespoke interconnect or Romi interconnect (Taichi). Tbh, any well-braided or seriously manufactured cable will do the trick. Furutech for example :wink:
See, this is where my findings differ. Of course they do have to be well braided, but they do sound different, too. Not that much to hear with my Calyx M but that changed when I got my LPGT ti, where I can hear quite a difference between those small cables. Funny thing is that a cheaper cable (although from Oyaide) is better sounding (or has a better synergy) than my 400 dollars Palladium interconnect, at least with my amp/headphone. That’s why I also bought (again) that interconnect I sold you last year hahahaha, and now also the Furutech you mentioned. Just to play around a bit and try figuring out which one works best. In the Future I also might wanna look into the Romi Audio interconnects. Thanks for that tip buddy 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back