Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Mar 21, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #32 of 2,313
i have this dap ..i am from india.. to me it is one amazing stuff.. i had hiby r6 before.. but this dap is on another league.. it is a pro audiophile stuff. dont go by specs.. just buy it ,..and thanks me later... what a sound .mann what a sound

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #33 of 2,313
i have this dap ..i am from india.. to me it is one amazing stuff.. i had hiby r6 before.. but this dap is on another league.. it is a pro audiophile stuff. dont go by specs.. just buy it ,..and thanks me later... what a sound .mann what a sound
Great please share some pics and more impressions.

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #34 of 2,313

No thanks, I don't touch anything without EQ

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #35 of 2,313
I think it is time for a first feedback. Please take this with a grain of salt as I barely have 2-3 hours of listening on this DAP and it is barely burned in (if that exists).
  1. The player is provided with an AC charger, and a USB cable, both with mini-HDMI connectors. It cannot be charged via USB
  2. Startup is very fast, 60g of FLAC scanned within seconds
  3. UI is simple and efficient, and with next to no bugs. Not as good as Lotoo Paw Gold yet, but with a better screen quality
  4. No tag reading at this stage, folder works well
  5. This thing is ultra powerful. The Spiral SE6 is already super loud (and well controlled) at barely 1/3 of the volume in low gain, whereas I put it at 45/100 in high gain on the WM1Z
  6. There is no issue of hiss (on the VE8, which is super sensitive)
  7. Volume control might have to be adapted with more than two levels of gain in future FW, because low gain will be maybe too loud for highly sensitive IEMs
  8. Soundwise, I have been comparing side by side on my Spiral SE6 with the WM1Z balanced (the DTR1 being single ended) and :
    • I don't think I can spot a difference in technical performance whether it be details, speed, control, etc., or at least not at this stage
    • THe key difference I hear at this stage is that the DTR1 has a fuller bass. NOT more bass, just has more body, maybe related to the power
    • Overall tonality are quite close, but maybe WM1Z is a bit airier
    • I would say DTR1 has more emphasis on depth in the stage, versus width on the WM1Z, but it is very subtle
    • Overall, the DTR1 sounds slightly smoother and more natural than the WM1Z

At this stage, even if the WM1Z is miles ahead in terms of functions, they seem pretty close in terms of SQ, while the DTR1 is much smaller and much cheaper. My main issue with it at this stage is the absence of USB DAC function, which I really need. Don't start the huge hype train, I never think DAPS around 500-1k have a huge difference soundwise with TOTL DAPs, it is more often subtle nuances, and choices in tunning, or functionality.

In any case, at this very early stage, I think this is a great player if you need small, simple, great sounding, super powerful.

Mar 21, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #39 of 2,313
This DAP is sounding more and more interesting, I'm sorely tempted to get one to test it. I shall email them to check on the Asia pricing.

There are only a couple of DAPs that truly blow my mind (granted I don't listen to alot of DAPs especially the ridiculously expensive one), first is the QP1R, the only DAP that sounds like a desktop setup, and secondly the Alien+. Even my daily driver the Pioneer 300R doesn't come close to these daps. Hoping that the DTR1 will belong to the same tier of daps as those two.

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #40 of 2,313
This DAP is sounding more and more interesting, I'm sorely tempted to get one to test it. I shall email them to check on the Asia pricing.

There are only a couple of DAPs that truly blow my mind (granted I don't listen to alot of DAPs especially the ridiculously expensive one), first is the QP1R, the only DAP that sounds like a desktop setup, and secondly the Alien+. Even my daily driver the Pioneer 300R doesn't come close to these daps. Hoping that the DTR1 will belong to the same tier of daps as those two.
From memory, I prefer DTR1 over Alien+

Mar 22, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #41 of 2,313
chatted abit with the DTR1 designer, since I can read Chinese. Will be likely getting this player in April, can't buy it immediately as I need to prepare my wallet for Canjam Singapore in end March lol.

Mar 22, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #42 of 2,313
From memory, I prefer DTR1 over Alien+
As the owner of both dtr1 and alien+, I totally agree with it. I received the dtr1 a short while ago and I was truly blown away with how clean and transparent is the sound. And it pairs well with my Hypno amp from hum.
However, I initially experience sibiliance issue with female vocal on most of my sensitive iem, such as ex800st, ex1000 and Dita truth.
I provided the feedback to the manufacturer and they sent me an firmware update within a short period of time which solves the problem. I am truly impressed by the passion and the knowledge of the designer through our conversation email and WeChat.
The UI of the dtr1 is a big plus over the alien+, as the dtr1 UI is really smooth and lack of any reading issue or system crash which I experienced on the alien+.
One thing I kinda need to complain about is the lack of screen protection and case, which is something common in 2019. Although my solution to this is to make my own screen protection and leather case, I hope the two would be available in the near future.

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #43 of 2,313
As the owner of both dtr1 and alien+, I totally agree with it. I received the dtr1 a short while ago and I was truly blown away with how clean and transparent is the sound. And it pairs well with my Hypno amp from hum.
However, I initially experience sibiliance issue with female vocal on most of my sensitive iem, such as ex800st, ex1000 and Dita truth.
I provided the feedback to the manufacturer and they sent me an firmware update within a short period of time which solves the problem. I am truly impressed by the passion and the knowledge of the designer through our conversation email and WeChat.
The UI of the dtr1 is a big plus over the alien+, as the dtr1 UI is really smooth and lack of any reading issue or system crash which I experienced on the alien+.
One thing I kinda need to complain about is the lack of screen protection and case, which is something common in 2019. Although my solution to this is to make my own screen protection and leather case, I hope the two would be available in the near future.
Leather case is coming, should have a prototype soon

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #45 of 2,313
Description is not really impressive yet. Waiting for more reviews... I'm sure there was a dap with 2 batteries, one for analog and one for digital part. HIFI E. T. MA9, right. Didn't work well for them: power drain if different for each part depending on headphones etc. At the end of the day one was empty, and another is half full. In fact, one could have pretty much the same result with two capacitors.

On the other hand, in some players battery really is the weakest link. But it happens when everything else is perfect. Would like to see if this player is really as good that it needed second battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back