Destiny
Sep 10, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,041 of 2,062
I had a blast throughout Destiny 2. Though I enjoyed the D1 system more D2 still was an great game I thought. But my goodness forsaken!!! They absolutely hit home with this game!! There's so much to do and grind for.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #2,042 of 2,062
I had about 1400 hours in D1 before I got tired of it and quit playing after King’s Fall.

I took a hard pass when D2 was released and up until now I have had no intentions of coming back.

Then Forsaken dropped...

Watched some streams and decided to jump back in and I must say Destiny is fun to play again. Granted I have switched platforms and had to level alone... no friends play on PC :frowning2:

Sep 21, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #2,043 of 2,062
Well, you'll likely have to start over again, but you're more than welcome to join us goofballs on PS4 :D. I unlocked the Dreaming City day 3 but literally just yesterday explored it because there was so much other stuff I wanted to do. I'm LOVING all the things they've added for you to do in this game and accomplish.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,046 of 2,062
Worked out/refined my gambit combo... bow (No Turning Back - prefer Arsenic Bite for Archer's Tempo perk but can't pair Badlander with it...and Parsel of Stardust is too dang slow to be able to pair with Arsenic Bite. Much rather compromise on bow draw speed than shotgun speed - because with shotgun you jump right into the middle of a group of enemy and give them each 1 shot as quick as you can pull the trigger), shotgun (Badlander, the shotgun for my gambit playstyle), and rocket launcher (Bad Omens). Armor perks are matched to suit a bow, shotgun, and rocket launcher loadout, with at least ammo scavenging, ammo finder, and flinching assist for all 3 weapons at a minimum.

Bow may be my favorite weapon to use... one shot one kill from close to far except for shielded normal yellows/minibosses... takes the place of my previous primary goto of scout rifle. Can even just tap the trigger point blank for up close. The bows are awesome... sniping with bows across the map is a challenge but very satsifying... more so than sniper rifles. And laying out enemy left and right before your team mates while they run around scooping up piles of motes and depositing makes for quick work... only thing quicker may be shotgun right in the midst of things.

Only able to play about 1 night a week though...

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #2,047 of 2,062
Interesting loadout, I'm right there with you on the badlander and bad omens (or sleeper) but I had the worst time using bows. I use my trusty pulse rifle (the gambit one, I'm brain farting right now on the name). Lately that seems to be my schedule too lol. Wasn't able to play hardly any banner or the haunted forest and this week's looking to be the same with my swift water class going on. Gonna be tough to get all the triumphs before the event's over.

Oct 26, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #2,048 of 2,062
I use my trusty pulse rifle (the gambit one, I'm brain farting right now on the name).

Bygones-I got a great roll on one of mine.
Rampage
Headseeker
Stability masterworked
Added an extended mag on it,bringing it up to a 48 magazine.

I like to use that and the Vanguard sidearm,The Last Dance
Kill Clip
Outlaw
Major mod

Coupled with either Sleeper or Queensbreaker.

For bows I love the Trinity Ghoul,wrecks with the Lightning Rod perk active. I also got a Subtle Calamity w/ Dragonfly.

And prior to Bungie nerfing the Fighting Lion(What) that wrecked in Gambit too.

All that being said,Bungie just cant seem to stop messing stuff up. The matchmaking in crucible is atrocious. The Redrix's Broadsword quest really burned me out on PvP and im moving on to RDR2.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #2,049 of 2,062
Hey Everyone i just got sucked into destiny never played the first one but loving the second so far. I am just curious since i am on the hunt of new heaedphones and not sure if this game is more competive or fun. I am thinking Fun headphones would be good for the game. But curious what is your current setup for the game. Headphones / amp / dac. Thanks in advance

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #2,050 of 2,062
Hey Everyone i just got sucked into destiny never played the first one but loving the second so far. I am just curious since i am on the hunt of new heaedphones and not sure if this game is more competive or fun. I am thinking Fun headphones would be good for the game. But curious what is your current setup for the game. Headphones / amp / dac. Thanks in advance

My preference of headphones from what I've used in Destiny strictly for gaming performance:

1. STAX L300 Limited
2. Modhouse Argon Mk 3
3. Sennheiser HD700
4. Audeze Mobius
5. Sennheiser/Massdrop HD58X
6. Monoprice M1060 (modded)
7. Philips SHP9500
8. Fostex TH-X00PH (modded)
9. Koss KPH30i

REALLY like the Argons and HD58X with Destiny... excellent imaging with nice positional space. Argons really bring nice low end with most awesome subbass extension yet the mids and highs are excellent as well with planar precision. HD58X are more open sounding but not as good with the low end. Run them right from the Xbox controller.

HD700 is a phenominal game can mainly for its sense of space and comfort...one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever had. Definitely needs some EQ help though and not the best for music.

STAX are like a combo of Argon and HD58X... nice open sound with excellent imaging and best bass I've heard in combination with absolutely clarity and understanding of where everything is... cheat mode for gaming.

Don't ever use Campfire Audio Cascades for gaming... they absolutely SUCK at it...small sound stage with horrible imaging in the middle 1/3 of the soundstage = not having a clue where the sounds are coming from and getting killed left and right in crucible...

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #2,051 of 2,062
I jumped in Destiny 2 for free and I'm kind of on the fence with this game. I love shooters and MMOs, but this game isn't very social, it feels claustrophobic, the maps are so small (they sure are pretty) and everything is so repetitive, cookie cutter and uninspired; the same what? 5 events in ALL the maps. I'm still going at it because I'm a sucker for gear grind, I just scratched power level 270 and I won't stop until I'm level 300 and maybe after that I'll get the expansions and go all the way to 600.

Does Head-fi have a band of Destiny newbies looking to raid in the short/long term? I'm grinding along with my brother and we're just yoloing into nightfalls at the moment.

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,052 of 2,062
Reviving an old thread but any new players on here? With the new DLC that just dropped I've noticed a LOT of new players coming in. Any head-fi'er's?

P.S. Hunters suck. Titan's master race!

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,053 of 2,062
Hunters are for high skill cap players :wink:

Honestly, I need to play some Forsaken. It’s cool that Bungie tried to bring multiplayer somewhat to parity by giving away formerly paid DLC.

Can you feel the move away from Activision in other ways?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,054 of 2,062
Not new... been with Destiny from the beginning.
Just deleted my Warlock this weekend (of course cashing in all the warlock gear before deleting) and made a second Hunter. Hunter (Exo, male) is what I started Destiny with.... then ran Titan for quite a while, then back to Hunter when bows became a thing... ran the Warlock for a bit, but not really my thing. Still have my Titan, but really don't play her, was running my main hunter until got rid of the Warlock to make the second hunter and started running the second one. My second one has now surpassed my primary, but still need to go through the process of unlocking everything for her.

Really like most of the new changes - especially the finishing moves and being able to setup your gear with the traits you want and appearance you like. Need to bring back Sparrow Racing League though... been way too long.

I use my custom closed-back HD58X, but am really digging the DT-177X GO right now... need to find a microphone solution for them though... so not used for fireteam play unfortunately.

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #2,055 of 2,062
Hunters are for high skill cap players :wink:

Honestly, I need to play some Forsaken. It’s cool that Bungie tried to bring multiplayer somewhat to parity by giving away formerly paid DLC.

Can you feel the move away from Activision in other ways?

Sure, most Hunter mains like to tell themselves that.

And so far, they've definitely embraced the more MMO side of things with armor customization etc... but so far it's the same Destiny as before (in the good way).

Not new... been with Destiny from the beginning.
Just deleted my Warlock this weekend (of course cashing in all the warlock gear before deleting) and made a second Hunter. Hunter (Exo, male) is what I started Destiny with.... then ran Titan for quite a while, then back to Hunter when bows became a thing... ran the Warlock for a bit, but not really my thing. Still have my Titan, but really don't play her, was running my main hunter until got rid of the Warlock to make the second hunter and started running the second one. My second one has now surpassed my primary, but still need to go through the process of unlocking everything for her.

Really like most of the new changes - especially the finishing moves and being able to setup your gear with the traits you want and appearance you like. Need to bring back Sparrow Racing League though... been way too long.

I use my custom closed-back HD58X, but am really digging the DT-177X GO right now... need to find a microphone solution for them though... so not used for fireteam play unfortunately.

>:p Filthy hunters haha.

I agree, at first I thought that the finisher thing was just a gimmick but after being able to use them on high level, shielded, enemies, I've come to quite love them.

I feel SRL will take a back burner to even Trials (lack of community request unlike Trials). But I too rather enjoyed the change of pacing option.

I use Senn. HD660 S for my gaming setup (through an external amp and dac) and I use the Blue Yeti microphone for chat. Works great for me.

EDIT: What console you play on? Me and the other filthy Hunter up there are on PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back