Destiny
Sep 29, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #2,026 of 2,062
Somebody play on pS4 ?

Hello new friend! Welcome! And most of us do actually (trying to convert the others XD). My PSN is the same as here but I won't be home until the 6th.

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,027 of 2,062
Hello new friend! Welcome! And most of us do actually (trying to convert the others XD). My PSN is the same as here but I won't be home until the 6th.
My son and I will be on tomorrow, looking to do the raid for the first time if anyone is up for a kid friendly raid

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #2,029 of 2,062
My son and I will be on tomorrow, looking to do the raid for the first time if anyone is up for a kid friendly raid

:frowning2: I'd love to raid with y'all. I've no problem with kids so long as you're fine with him playing with a fee goofballs XD. You guys gonna he on next Friday?

Yes ill add you in my list

Sweetness! Excited to play with ya.

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #2,030 of 2,062
:frowning2: I'd love to raid with y'all. I've no problem with kids so long as you're fine with him playing with a fee goofballs XD. You guys gonna he on next Friday?

Sweetness! Excited to play with ya.
The more goofballiness the better :)

For anyone who wants to add me my PSN is: bkdmino

Oct 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #2,032 of 2,062
Well, I did something I don't usually do for new AAA games these days: pre-ordered Destiny 2 with a modest discount, just because I have a few friends who were really into the first game and are also going into the second, thus guaranteeing some good co-op in the times to come.

I probably wouldn't have done it if the open beta a while back didn't clearly show that, hey, as a sort of penance for not giving PC players the first game, the second game is a very competent port. It controlled and performed just as well as I would expect on the FPS platform of choice.

Too bad that it releases on Tuesday, and guess who has to work Tuesday through Friday this upcoming week...

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #2,033 of 2,062
You'll be the first PC Destiny'er we've on here (to my knowledge) so I'm interested to see how much better it'll look than on console (I believe much).

My Guardians of Malta clan just finally beat the normal raid together as a 6 person clan team the other day. I'm all for rocking the hard mode for the bragging rights but due to there truthfully being no benefit in it I believe it'll be an uphill battle for me.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,034 of 2,062
You'll be the first PC Destiny'er we've on here (to my knowledge) so I'm interested to see how much better it'll look than on console (I believe much).

My Guardians of Malta clan just finally beat the normal raid together as a 6 person clan team the other day. I'm all for rocking the hard mode for the bragging rights but due to there truthfully being no benefit in it I believe it'll be an uphill battle for me.
Hard Mode is really HARD. That was interesting, we spent 5 days to complete it. New mechanics are nice, but loot is not such great, as we hope.
New shader, new emblem, exotic shader for Legend of Acrius, clothes with ornaments. BUT! U wont get new weapons, light more than 305 or something interesting at all(

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #2,035 of 2,062
To be fair, Destiny 1 never had a PC release, with some very questionable excuses by some of the devs given. It wouldn't have been possible prior to the second game.

I didn't have a PS4, either, so I had to play the first game's open beta on PS3. It was playable, but I was yearning for proper KB+M control since USB KB+M support generally isn't a thing on consoles, alongside framerates higher than 30 FPS. It didn't seem like it would be worth getting for PS3, all things considered; the PS4 even had a special Destiny bundle that one of my friends got as a gift. He kept talking about it for months!

The D2 open beta ran great on my 4770K 4.6 GHz/GTX 980 build, though. 1080p120 on high/max settings was no issue whatsoever; it felt fluid and responsive, no weirdness to the mouse movement, fully remappable controls, it just largely felt like a "PC first" sorta game despite what went down with its predecessor. Heck, my system only counts as mid-range nowadays, and it still barreled through it without a problem.

Since said friend's jumping to the PC version, that'll smooth things over for me quite easily. The only problem I have is basically catching up on all the plot points in the first game, since the second starts off assuming you already know everything.

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #2,036 of 2,062
I’ll probably give it a go on pc in a few weeks. Had to build a workstation to render on, which won’t have a problem running d2 at 25601440.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #2,037 of 2,062
Okay, I'm easing myself into this game a bit. Had some issues on launch day since I was getting weird freezes for a second or three every minute or so, and then the Windows 10 Fall Creators' Update dropped the next day. Had to sort out a lot of system-level stuff.

Thankfully, the game runs fine now, and of particular note to us Head-Fi sorts is that the sound design and positional mixing seem pretty good for something limited to a 7.1 speaker setup's worth of positioning. I'm thinking of streaming over the weekend so everyone can hear what it sounds like through the Sennheiser GSX 1000, which I'm in the middle of reviewing.

Perhaps some of you would be interested enough for me to dust off the ol' Twitch account?

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #2,039 of 2,062

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #2,040 of 2,062
So I bit the bullet and grabbed the Forsaken.
The game is now fun,but shame on Bungie for nerfing the game to begin with and then selling you the "good" version later. $160.00 for a damn game :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back