Desktop speaker stands for Audioengine A5 needed
Oct 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #17 of 38
It's the 24". Thanks for the compliments. I think the stands I've created look nicer than a phonebook, lol. I'm absolutely loving the A5s, and they're not even broken in yet. Eventually I'll add a subwoofer, but I'm pretty happy for now. I'm also running them through my GoVibe headphone amp...is this necessary? I also have to look into what the next addition is - I'm not real clear on what would benefit the sound most coming from my Macbook. A DAC, an amp, etc.

Oct 5, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 38
I plug the audio out from my Macbook into the Go Vibe, then the headphone out of the Go Vibe into the Audioengines. Or, with my PS3/TV, the RCA to 1/8 adapter into the Go Vibe, then Go Vibe into Audioengines.

Oct 6, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #20 of 38
Would I see a big boost in quality with something like the E-MU 0404? Is that the next logical step here? I use my Macbook, PS3, 360, and TV with these speakers. Is there one good, not insanely expensive next step to use with these components and the A5s to see a nice bump in quality?

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #21 of 38
Why not just build your own? Cost you about $20 in parts. Id use 4" PVC, some isolation pads, and fill the PVC with sand to dampen it.

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by docmichael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These seem a bit pricey for what they are, but wouldn't these work for the Audioengines? (The Adams have nearly the same footprint as the Audioengines)

Adam Professional Audio | A5 STANDS (PAIR) | A5 STANDS | B&H

Damn, nice find....I'd like to see how those would look with some A5's sittin' on em. I wonder what they are made out of, anyone know?

EDIT: found some pics of them but not with Audioengine's sitting on them http://www.mtechmarketing.com/images/A5_home.jpg

Mar 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 38
I know it might be a bit late but have have just recently started to hand make stands specifically for this purpose. I recently got some A2's and needed some stands so i could angle them to my ears (small desk) but i couldnt find any. So i basically made some in the uni workshop. And they were great, made some for people at work to (i work in a hifi shop) and they also loved them.
They are made from lasercut acrylic with audiophile spikes and high quality bolts. Very simple but look very nice. And i can make them to almost any size and many colours.
I just stuck one on ebay for the first time, just to see how people like them. So take a look at the listing to see pics and more details. I am in the process of producing a laptop stand in a similar design.

Feel free to ask me anything you wanna know about them

the listing is here

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #25 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to find some decent stands to elevate my new A5s up off my desk, not only to save desk space but also to be at a better listening height. I'm thinking about checking out Office Depot or staples even, to see if I can find something that would function both as elevators as well as desk organization. Any suggestions, whether real stands or some sort of desk organization improv set would be great.
Thanks!

Hello rbf1138!

I just saw this post and have a great suggestion for you! I don't know if you've found a solution yet, but I have a cheap suggestion that works well. Just go to any walmart and get these:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/31/img2117e.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5678/img2118.jpg
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9836/img2120s.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/69/img2121.jpg

When I first got these speakers I was searching for a desktop stand solution and I thought of using these and they turned out to be almost perfect. And they only cost about five bucks apiece and they come in white or black. I think they are called Sterillite storage boxes.

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi211 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry rbf!

I just saw your setup and it is awesome! the sterillite boxes would probably be a bit too high for your setup. Your solution looks great!

Wouldn't the pressure from the speakers onto the storage box cause it to eventually be difficult to open up the drawers? That's whats happened to me in the past.
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by docmichael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These seem a bit pricey for what they are, but wouldn't these work for the Audioengines? (The Adams have nearly the same footprint as the Audioengines)

Adam Professional Audio | A5 STANDS (PAIR) | A5 STANDS | B&H

I wonder how well those will work with the A2s. They look great.

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #29 of 38
May 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #30 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't the pressure from the speakers onto the storage box cause it to eventually be difficult to open up the drawers? That's whats happened to me in the past.
frown.gif

Sorry I didn't see your question before now, ChroniCali. I actually don't use the drawers. I have them turned the other way so the drawers don't show. I use them strictly as speaker stands. They have so far stood up well to the weight of the Audioengines. They haven't sagged at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back