Desktop portable sans DAC?
Oct 25, 2008 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mackay maus

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Headroom;

Do you have any plans to market the desktop portable without the DAC module? I love my trusty old cosmic, with its ability to drive my 650s, but have no use for a DAC, which I'm guessing adds a fair chunk to the price, and cuts runtime.

I use an imod, and think it would be great to have the equivalent of a Home amp when I'm exiled to my deck to smoke a cigar!

I've run my MicroZOTL on a battery outside, but the desktop portable would be easier to lug around-and, more importantly, leave plenty of room for an ashtray.

thanks

Matt

Oct 25, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Ha! I can just picture you sitting on your deck, cigar in hand, Jack the wonder dog by your side with the glow of tubes and the stars your only light as you listen to your fav tunes.

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the comments. I actually have a 2006 microstack, and assumed the desktop portable would be a major step forward.

I do like the headroom sound, and find their stuff very well made. And the customer support is first rate.

Plus, I'm assuming if I pull the trigger on a DPA, my long awaited XIN will ship!

thanks again.

M

Oct 25, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mackay maus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Headroom;

Do you have any plans to market the desktop portable without the DAC module? I love my trusty old cosmic, with its ability to drive my 650s, but have no use for a DAC, which I'm guessing adds a fair chunk to the price, and cuts runtime.

I use an imod, and think it would be great to have the equivalent of a Home amp when I'm exiled to my deck to smoke a cigar!

I've run my MicroZOTL on a battery outside, but the desktop portable would be easier to lug around-and, more importantly, leave plenty of room for an ashtray.

thanks

Matt

Howdy Mackay Maus,

No current HR plans for a HeadRoom Portable Desktop Amp w/o DAC product anytime soon. The Portable Desktop basically remains our current 'top-of-the-line' mobile-use head-amp/DAC product and, as such, comes 'stock' with all the HR bells & whistles.
smily_headphones1.gif

However as a previous HR customer we'll can always try to 'wheel&deal' on your next HR amp purchase ...soooo please feel free to shoot me an email if interested in an HR Portable Desktop unit!
ph34r.gif

jorge@headphone.com

Cheers,

Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #7 of 7
What on earth are you doing checking work email on a Saturday? is there a slave driver lurking under Tyll's hawaiian shirts?

I'll send you an email.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back