Describing Sound - A Glossary
Jan 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #226 of 235
Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #227 of 235
Quote:
Could you explain to me what the phrase, " the highs SHIMMER more with these cans more than those"? Someone was comparing the v moda m100s to some other more audiophilic cans. 

generally shimmer may refer to the upper treble being more prominent than etc. it may also state good treble extension. 
in the case of the M100 it would generally mean that the audiophile cans have more prominent treble than the generally dark M100

May 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #228 of 235
I have to say that this had helped me a ton in figuring out how people described headphones to me when ever I ask questions. Than you fordgtlover for taking the time to put these all together for use noobies and audiophiles alike.

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #231 of 235
new to the site, thank you for all the awesome information. I had no idea that y'all were out there all this time

Welcome to head-fi! Sorry about your wallet.
Hope you have a very musical stay here^^

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #234 of 235
I am new here in Head-Fi and I have been getting lot of information/help from you guys.
I am not an expert, but I know when I listen to something-I rate my listening capabilities above average.
The best Audio experience I had was many years ago using in-ear earphones ('aiwa' portable cassette player and probably the same brand earphones). The music sounded like they were originated inside the brain - or rather different parts of the brain. As if ears were not doing the job. The experience was very pleasant and comfortable. I think its the presentation (please correct me if I am wrong) of audio that plays the part here.
Can anyone guide me through this?

You guys are awesome! Lucky to be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back