Denon Refuse to help
Sep 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bluedolphin

100+ Head-Fier
I called the Denon Distribuitor in my country and explained
i have a headphones with aftermarked cables i bought from a friend
I asked where i could get the Cable remplaced or buy a remplacement cable (official Denon cable)

This was the answer from the Technical department at Official Denon distribuitor:

Since you Manipulated the headphones Denon technical service refuse to acept to repair or change cable on it
even if i pay for it out of warranty

When i asked if they could tell me a Dealer that sell Denon cables their answer was:
Go ask you friend about it

This is ridiculous, Now i have to email Denon Japan to just get a cable?

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I called the Denon Distribuitor in my country and explained
i have a headphones with aftermarked cables i bought from a friend

While I don't know the specifics of Denon's policies, they're certainly not the only company who won't deal with end-users except for warranty service. It's always better to check first before buying. This goes double for used equipment with unapproved modifications.

Have you checked local repair shops? Short lengths of wire don't cost much; most of your expense would be labor charges.

Best of luck.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 3
I am checking them now found a list of repair shops that also are denon delars so i can check them up
i was able to find the reference for Denon cables so with that it would be easyer for a repair shop to search it.
I heard denon cables cost like 100 euro or so but i have yet to confirm prices

Fortunaly a Sony dealer here that also work with Denon was nicer and will try find cable if possible
Now, i dont need the cable yet...just want to get a spare cable incase i need it

Should be able to get a spare cable without labor charges only to keep the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back