Denon MM400 vs Meze 99 Classic
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone compared these two wooden masterpieces? Im on the fence, im currently really happy with my NAD HP50's in the sound department but not so much in the comfort and fit. First of all they are too big for my head leaving a 1" gap between my head and the top of the headphones and i had to make major modifications to get a proper seal. The Denon's look like they are really hard to get in canada though aswell, if they dont sound much if any better it may not be worth trying to procure them.

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 4
Has anyone compared these two wooden masterpieces? Im on the fence, im currently really happy with my NAD HP50's in the sound department but not so much in the comfort and fit. First of all they are too big for my head leaving a 1" gap between my head and the top of the headphones and i had to make major modifications to get a proper seal. The Denon's look like they are really hard to get in canada though aswell, if they dont sound much if any better it may not be worth trying to procure them.

i have the Meze 99 classic. One of my favorite headphones. New to the hobby though fwiw

Dec 16, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 4
The Denons are a step down from the HP50s in my opinion. I've owned both. Haven't listened to the Mezes extensively, only in passing, but other than being a bit boomy, which I understand can be mitigated by using certain pads, they're probably a better choice than the MM400s.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #4 of 4
The Denons are a step down from the HP50s in my opinion. I've owned both. Haven't listened to the Mezes extensively, only in passing, but other than being a bit boomy, which I understand can be mitigated by using certain pads, they're probably a better choice than the MM400s.
Gotcha that makes it an easier decision. I'll likely wait until the Meze 99's go on sale from headphonebar.com if they ever do....currently up for $400. The Meze's also look super classy so thats an added bonus. my vote goes to the silver though, Gold is a little over the top.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back