Denon DN-HP700 Appreciation Thread (Post mods and/or pics if you got any)
Jul 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

EuphonicArin

100+ Head-Fier
These are some very unappreciated headphones that deserve a thread, discuss what you think of them, what your favourite songs to listen with these cans are or what type modifications you've made to make them better. Oh and remember to have fun
dt880smile.png

Buying Guide

Amazon-NEW:$120 USED:$101
B&H- NEW:$100/99 USED:N/A

AUDIO-TECHNICA PRO500MK2 CAN BE CONVERSED ON HERE
Have a nice day
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 18
Bump. I own these and once I got over the absolutely schitt stock pads (by buying velours) I actually quite enjoyed them. They compete with the ATH-M50 for the title of best budget headphones.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 18
Which pads did you use and where did you get them?

I have a review thread in the full-size forum on these. They are a very good headphone only limited by uncomfortable pads and a long cable which makes them to cumbersome for personal use which is important to me.

Definitely one of the best bang for the buck headphones available.

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 18
Which pads did you use and where did you get them?

I have a review thread in the full-size forum on these. They are a very good headphone only limited by uncomfortable pads and a long cable which makes them to cumbersome for personal use which is important to me.

Definitely one of the best bang for the buck headphones available.

They cost a lot, but work perfect. This seller ships worldwide too..Check for other colors, I bought Black for mine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MDRV-PURPLE-VELOUR-EARPAD-PAIR-FITS-ALLEN-HEATH-XONE-XD-53-XD2-53-XD253-EAR-PAD-/221193418193?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item338027b5d1

Oct 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 18
I don't actually remember, it was quite a while ago. I must have found pads to fit a similar-sized pair of cans and then just swapped them around though. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 18
Thank goodness that this thread is getting some people, for a second, I was worried that I'd have to lock it. Anyways, The name of the pad manufacturer is Zomo, You can find them on amazon, and the other pads you could get are the MDR-V7 DJ Replacement pads off amazon

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #9 of 18
Hi!

I have a Denon DN-HP700 headphone, i like it, but i have a problem too.
Headphone plug in to my computer's soundcard (integrated), but sound quality no too good.
I have an emu 1212M soundcard too.
I would like to buy a headphone amplifier and plug in to my emu, but i don't know what is my best choice...
So, the problem is what headphone amplifier good to Denon DN-HP700?
My favourite genre: Drum & Bass music. 

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #10 of 18
Generally when trying to amplify a headphone you look for a amp that compliments your headphone

In this case, the Denon Hp700 goes well with the Schiit magni as a desktop amp or a fiio e12 for a portable amp, if you want something cheap, the PAV2 or fiio e11 works great, also for a dac I reccomend the schiit modi or the audioquest dragonfly

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 18
A little bit of an old thread here but I wanted to post some info on a pad I went ahead and ordered for my DN-HP700s. Here is the link to the pads:  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00305H3VG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are for the Shure 750DJ but fit very nicely on the Denons. They are sort of easy to pull off but only if you are trying to pull them off if that makes sense. They are a little thicker in the padding department which adds comfort. The biggest thing about these for me though is they have just a slightly bigger inside dimension, and that slight increase allows my ears to fit inside all of the way. This increases comfort for me by quite a bit.

My Denons are modified with the removal of the foam blocks, the addition of some adhesive tape to help dampen the plastic, some soft thin cotton material on the outer casing to prevent unwanted reverberations, and a hole punched through on the outer rim of paper holes inside to increase the already impressive sound stage. They sound fantastic to my ears with the only spot lacking as sub bass response. The new pads didn't seem to change the sound signature at all for me, so at around 10 bucks with my prime membership it was worth the gamble. I'm glad I ordered them.

Just a heads up for anyone who might be looking for an alternative to the uncomfortable stock pads.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 18
ALRIGHTY SOME CONTRIBUTIONS 
beerchug.gif

Thanks man, I was hoping someone would appear to add some contributions. Anyway, thanks for taking the risk and finding that out! Also impressive work on your cans, seems like you did a good combo of mods there. I'm wondering, how do they sound to ya? (in general that is)

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #14 of 18
  ALRIGHTY SOME CONTRIBUTIONS 
beerchug.gif

Thanks man, I was hoping someone would appear to add some contributions. Anyway, thanks for taking the risk and finding that out! Also impressive work on your cans, seems like you did a good combo of mods there. I'm wondering, how do they sound to ya? (in general that is)

I think they sound just a little better than stock actually. The bass increased a bit, and the sound stage is larger now as well. The details were always there and the increased bass doesn't seem to bleed over into the mids at all so that's a plus. I think they are a steal at less than $100 of eBay. They are a very good sounding headphone stock, just maybe a little mid heavy. IMHO

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 18
Recently purchased these at my local headphonic store for under $100.  The cord is short (but coiled - not sure why dweaver said it was long....different model now?).  Tried them against a number of different phones and it held its own.  Impressive.  However, while the pads are small, they are circumaural for me (but so were the CAL's!).  They are not deep, so my ears hit the driver cover.  I did put some extra foam under the pads to give a little more depth (now much more comfortable) but this also made the mid bass stronger and it seems to lack a little of the sparkle that it had before.  Will continue testing.  They appear very well put together but nothing else came in the box - only the screw on 1/4" connector.  Plus it was just wrapped in bubblewrap.  The store I purchased from is very reputable and they do not appear used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back