Denon DCP-150 - How Much?
Jun 9, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 17
Last DCP-150 I saw on Ebay (3 months ago) closed in at about $260. This unit was susposedly in good condition and fully functional with carriying pouch and ac adapter but no rechargeable batteries. I have seen DCP-150's on Ebay go from $245 to around $360 it all depends who's in the market for one,the condition of the PCDP, and what other accessories are included with it. It's hard to quage a general price for the DCP-150 as it doesn't appear on Ebay often, but when it does it usually fetches in big bucks because of it rarity and it's superior sound quality compared to other vintage PCDP's

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 17
If you look on ebay (us), the prices are going to be huge. However, you might be able to snag one for less at a foreign ebay sale. I got mine at a pawn shop for the fraction of the price. See if you have any luck at places where the prices aren't so public. There's always a minor kerfuffle when a dcp-150 gets on ebay.

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
There's always a minor kerfuffle when a dcp-150 gets on ebay.

Kerfuffle, is that a technical term?
tongue.gif

Not terribly long ago the 150 went in the $400s, but like many of the vintage PCDPs its value has gone down a bit in recent months. Market saturation with some of them, since this is a relatively limited market we're talking about. It's supposed to be the "king of kings" though, so it's probably worth the $300 or so.

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 17
I love the word kerfuffle. Since I'm a PS HS student, I'm subjected to an avalanche of standardized testing. Honestly...the tests are ridiculously easy. During a writing portion where I had to do around eight or so one-page essays, I was so bored that I decided to insert the word "kerfuffle" into every single essay.

from m-w.com
Quote:

Main Entry: ker·fuf·fle
Pronunciation: k&r-'f&-f&l
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of carfuffle, from Scots car- (probably from Scottish Gaelic cearr wrong, awkward) + fuffle to become disheveled
chiefly British : DISTURBANCE, FUSS

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #6 of 17
I purchased my DCP-150 thru a friend of mines but everytime I had seen one on Ebay all the sharks and snipers come out of hiding. I can't even compete except to watch on the sideline or make the price a little higher for the eventual winner. Yes, it's the best vintage PCDP I've heard so far compared to the D-311 and the Philips AZ6819 but I wouldn't say it worth over $300.

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 17
You can also find DCP-100 which is almost the same player (w/o bass boost and remote sensor) for much cheaper. DCP-150 is expensive since it is the top model.

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEO
You can also find DCP-100 which is almost the same player (w/o bass boost and remote sensor) for much cheaper. DCP-150 is expensive since it is the top model.

Any differences between the two (soncically and featurewise)?

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 17
To me the DCP-150 is a little more accurate and has a wider sound stage than the DCP-100. When I listen to the DCP-150 I tend to be a little more critical as it stands up and makes you take notice just how well this PCDP sounds. The level of detail for a PCDP thru the DCP-150 IMO is also slightly better than the DCP-100.
The DCP-100 is PCDP that is fun to listen. It's not as detailed and the sound stage is a bit smaller than the DCP-150 but can very well hold it own against the D-311 and the AZ6819. It was described in another thread that the DCP-100 has a 3D like sound effect. It gives the impression that one is listening to music in a huge room without it sounding bloated. I use the DCP-100 when I just want to listen and enjoy the music and not be so critical as to how accurate or detailed the PCDP is.
As far as differences in features the DCP-150 has bass boost, remote control, line out, and a digital optical line out where as the DCP-100 has just a line out if I'm not mistaken. Both PCDPs are great sounding units.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
To me the DCP-150 is a little more accurate and has a wider sound stage than the DCP-100. When I listen to the DCP-150 I tend to be a little more critical as it stands up and makes you notice just how well this PCDP sounds. The level of detail for a PCDP thru the DCP-150 IMO is also slightly better than the DCP-100.
The DCP-100 is PCDP that is fun to listen. It's not as detailed and the sound stage is a bit smaller than the DCP-150 but can very well hold it own against the D-311 and the AZ6819. It was described in another thread that the DCP-100 has a 3D like sound effect. It gives the impression that one is listening to music in a huge room without it sounding bloated. I use the DCP-100 when I just want to listen and enjoy the music and not be so critical as to how accurate or detailed the PCDP is.
As far as differences in features the DCP-150 has bass boost, remote control, line out, and a digital optical line out where as the DCP-100 has just a line out if I'm not mistaken. Both PCDPs are great sounding units.

Thanks for the nice comparison. Do you know if the dcp 100 has anti-shock?

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 17
From months and months ago I think there was a consensus that the DCP-100 and Sony D-303 had almost equal line-out quality to one another, with the DCP-150 noticably better than both.

Jun 11, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #13 of 17
I have got mine with remote and no batteries 8/10 on ebay.de for around 200 Euro, two months ago !
600smile.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Here's a link to a previous thread with pics and specs of the different Denon PCDP's, check it out:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...hlight=dcp-150

One interesting thing to note is that the DCP-150 is equipped with dual 18 bit DACs. It's the only vintage PCDP with dual 18 bit DACs that I know of.

The Technics XP-505 also has dual 18 bit DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back