Denon DCD 510 AE
Mar 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

daniel0407

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I have a Denon DCD 510 AE as CD Player, I bought it for listening to music while at home. My headphones are the Sennheiser 598 HD.

Before the CD Player, I used an Ipod Classic 6G. I would like to read opinions of people that have the same player, or similar models.

Do you know which is the output impedance of the headphone jack?

Thanks,

Daniel

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi All,

I write again to this post to ask a question regarding a possible problem with the damping factor.

Today I called to Denon Service, and ask for the output impedace of the headphone jack. They did not know, the guy look at their papers and said it is nowhere in the specs (what a surprise, I already knew that). He said however, that the headphone jack should be compatible with any headphone with impedance under 200 Ohms (I use a headphone with 50 Ohms, so good).

The damping factor worries me a little. The amount of bass that I am getting while using the CDP is big (I never think that the 598 could be so bass heavy) and the bass does not disturb me directly, but it hides a little the drums, it sounds "dark" (I am not even sure if it is the right way of using the term); the vocals and the brass instruments have a little less life, and are not as vibrant as when using the Ipod Classic, for example. It is like the sound has less "air". Sorry for not being able to describe it properly.

It could be that the sound signature of the CDP is completely different to that of the Ipod; could be that because the CDP has more power, the headphones react different, or: could it be a problem caused by a too high output impedance of the headphone jack?

If the problem were the output impedance, then I would start thinking of buying a headphone amp; if the problem is the sound signature, then would be a solution a DAC?

Any advice?

Thanks,

Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back