Denon D7100?!
Aug 15, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #1,861 of 1,920
Quote:
move on guys experts ^ ^

+1 
smile.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #1,862 of 1,920
I think its time we definitely move on. I can understand the disappointment some people feel with the design and sound of the D7100. But guys its the companies decision where they want to be in the market place. Maybe Denon looked at the sales figure of Beats and decided that they want to compete in that market. Not saying anything about the audio quality, but some people enjoy that kind of sound. We are not going to change the direction of the company by just going back and forth amongst us few people. From what I have seen this thread is comprised of roughly the same 10 people arguing amongst each other. I think we can safely say that it will be the market that will decide where Denon heads with its next D7200 headphones. In UK the price of this headphone is heavily discounted and people are attracted to the accessories it comes with. On Amazon right now its going for £449 and you get a really impressive looking stand, iPhone cable with remote, nice packaging, and cool new styling (for some at least). Believe me when a person goes to amazon and sees a saving of £550 as compared to their MRP £999 who would not be tempted. Its always nice to come and see what people are talking about on this thread, but now after so many months of going back and forth its time to reach a consensus. These headphones are an acquired taste and wont suite someone who is looking for a neutral, and uncoloured sound. They provide plenty of bass (could be a little more tight and less muddied), mids are a bit recessed, and the highs are great. The headphone shines when it comes to soundstage for a closed design. We all can agree these are not to be compared with the likes of HD800, Fostex TH-900, Beyerdynamic T1/T5p, but then they cost half or even less the price of these headphones.  

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #1,863 of 1,920
You completely missed what I was saying, again.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #1,864 of 1,920
I think its time we definitely move on. I can understand the disappointment some people feel with the design and sound of the D7100. But guys its the companies decision where they want to be in the market place. Maybe Denon looked at the sales figure of Beats and decided that they want to compete in that market. Not saying anything about the audio quality, but some people enjoy that kind of sound. We are not going to change the direction of the company by just going back and forth amongst us few people. From what I have seen this thread is comprised of roughly the same 10 people arguing amongst each other. I think we can safely say that it will be the market that will decide where Denon heads with its next D7200 headphones. In UK the price of this headphone is heavily discounted and people are attracted to the accessories it comes with. On Amazon right now its going for £449 and you get a really impressive looking stand, iPhone cable with remote, nice packaging, and cool new styling (for some at least). Believe me when a person goes to amazon and sees a saving of £550 as compared to their MRP £999 who would not be tempted. Its always nice to come and see what people are talking about on this thread, but now after so many months of going back and forth its time to reach a consensus. These headphones are an acquired taste and wont suite someone who is looking for a neutral, and uncoloured sound. They provide plenty of bass (could be a little more tight and less muddied), mids are a bit recessed, and the highs are great. The headphone shines when it comes to soundstage for a closed design. We all can agree these are not to be compared with the likes of HD800, Fostex TH-900, Beyerdynamic T1/T5p, but then they cost half or even less the price of these headphones.  

As a business owner myself, I will go to that route as well. At the end of the day it's all about the money. I am kind of happy for Denon that they've targeted the wide audiences like beats market but at the same time I am bit disappointed in their new D series and the sound signature :)

No wrong doing for Denon, they tried and didn't get lot of market shares :frowning2:
The new Denons are not for me and if you like then you like, period.

But we suggested that there are better valued headphones out there for similar or lot less money.

Time to move on guys, :) no hard feelings, peace guys. :)

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #1,867 of 1,920
Can we not agree to disagree without patronizing one another? So much emotion. The last couple pages are better than some TV dramas.
popcorn.gif

Quote:
nothing wrong with the D7100 IMO. I happen to think it's the best sounding headphone driven right off my iPhone 5 or iPod Touch 5th gen. Can't say the same for the D7000. People are using it wrong. :D

Did you put up the D7000 vs D7100 comparison? I think I missed it.

Aug 17, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,868 of 1,920
I think if Denon were going to release a $1200 headphone, they should have tried making it more like the ED8.  Sexy, portable, comfortable, with lots of warm bass.  
In any case, Beats fans (who I assume are the target audience) have never struck me as the type to drop $1200 for a pair of headphones.

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,869 of 1,920
I've been using my moon audio black dragon cable with these and I must say I love them.  I recently got a pair of D7000's that should be coming in soon, so I can't wait to do a long side by side test and decide which one I'm going to keep.

Aug 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,870 of 1,920
I recently got a pair of D7000's that should be coming in soon, so I can't wait to do a long side by side test and decide which one I'm going to keep.

I own both and I have never did a A/B comparison, I use my D7100's when traveling.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,872 of 1,920
I'm curious as to how they compare. I'm so excited for the arrival of the D7000.  I honestly just sold both my Grado PS1000 and RS2i becuase I prefer the D71000 for my music tastes.

Congrats on your D7000's. I got mine a couple months ago, did the Lawton mods and think they are amazing headphones. Will probably never sell them. The Denon sound agrees with me (have three pairs).

Aug 23, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #1,873 of 1,920
I'm curious as to how they compare. I'm so excited for the arrival of the D7000.  I honestly just sold both my Grado PS1000 and RS2i becuase I prefer the D71000 for my music tastes.

that's a real shame.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,875 of 1,920

Users who are viewing this thread

Back