Denon D7100?!
Apr 22, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #1,591 of 1,920
Quote:
It was hilarious. Today we went to Dollywood, which is okay once or twice /year, and on a claw game I won a pair of Beats Studios by grabbing a bottle with a secret prive code in it. I asked the guy if I could choose anything else and he simply stared at me for a few seconds.
biggrin.gif
Anyhow, I now have a set of black Studios and I'm wondering who I'm going to gift them to this Xmas. Heh.

I wouldn't have complained if I  received them for free.  Too much zealotry in defending a "right" or "wrong" sound.  Have you ever heard these beat studio ?

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #1,592 of 1,920
I wouldn't have complained if I  received them for free.  Too much zealotry in defending a "right" or "wrong" sound.  Have you ever heard these beat studio ?

Yep, sure have. The Beats Pros aren't too bad, but the Solos and Studios are terrible. Severely rolled off highs, colored mids, and the most boomy overemphasized bass I've ever heard. For what they charge for them, it's almost criminal.

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #1,593 of 1,920
Quote:
Yep, sure have. The Beats Pros aren't too bad, but the Solos and Studios are terrible. Severely rolled off highs, colored mids, and the most boomy overemphasized bass I've ever heard. For what they charge for them, it's almost criminal.

+1

i actually kinda like the beats pro. overpriced, but the SQ isn't as bad as the other beats. they're more balanced sounding, and if they where 150$ or less, they wouldn't be too bad.

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #1,594 of 1,920
BTW, I wasn't a fan of the SRH940s, but I'd take them over the D7100s regardless of price. Throw in the price difference and its a no brainer for me.

I own both and to my ears the Denons blow the Shures outta the water.

But now I can see why our opinions differ.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,595 of 1,920
Quote:
I own both and to my ears the Denons blow the Shures outta the water.

But now I can see why our opinions differ.

Well, two completely different sound signatures. How can one "blow the other outta the water" unless you hate the 940 sound, which begs the question...

But these look interesting....seems like the people who stitch together the Bob Marley headphones won a "Work For A Day In The Denon Factory" contest.

l_AH-D600-1.png

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #1,596 of 1,920
Quote:

Well, two completely different sound signatures. How can one "blow the other outta the water" unless you hate the 940 sound, which begs the question...

Off course. The main point is all about assessing if the d7100 is worth the price tag or not.
But how many people are able to do it properly ?  Is it because someone that ranks the hd800 at top, with its relatively "not pronounced" bass , and "unusual" soundstage, that I should trust him ?  Frankly I  have not doubts that these d7100 could be enjoyable. To each their own.

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,598 of 1,920
For me I wanted a do it all headphone, previously it was the D7000s, but when I first demo'ed the TH900s I knew I had to get them, they were just that good and i've gotten rid of all my other headphones.. So in that sense - for me - its a great deal, because I have one $2k headphone that does what some people need several headphones (that can amount to well over $2k) to do every genre great.

And of course there will be diminishing returns on expensive items such as the TH900s, it just really depends on how much you want to enjoy your music and if you're willing to pay for that extra bit (no regrets here).

Well stated.

May 2, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #1,599 of 1,920
Hmmmm....to my ears and after a few months, these are starting to slacken off a little bit, although still impressive to my ears they do seem to be losing a little bit of the detail they once had, the sound stage seems to have changed, it is just not as wide, and the instrument or frequency separation is not what it was. They have in my opinion changed for the worse and I do not think that it is just me getting used to them at all. They sound more jumbled now, I can hear frequencies clattering into each other sometimes, whereas I never would have said that before. I am not saying that they are a poor product, I am saying that they have changed and they have not changed for the better. Roll on me getting my TH900's when I get home, only then will I be able to really offer a rounded opinion. 

May 2, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #1,600 of 1,920
it is an "...itis" seting in...upgraditis 

deadhorse.gif

May 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #1,601 of 1,920
HAHAHAHAHA! Quite possibly, although I was just listening to my IEM's which are ridiculously detailed and I thought "I bet this is majorly influencing why I think that the 7100's sound less detailed all of a sudden"

May 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,602 of 1,920
Quote:
Hmmmm....to my ears and after a few months, these are starting to slacken off a little bit, although still impressive to my ears they do seem to be losing a little bit of the detail they once had, the sound stage seems to have changed, it is just not as wide, and the instrument or frequency separation is not what it was. They have in my opinion changed for the worse and I do not think that it is just me getting used to them at all. They sound more jumbled now, I can hear frequencies clattering into each other sometimes, whereas I never would have said that before. I am not saying that they are a poor product, I am saying that they have changed and they have not changed for the better. Roll on me getting my TH900's when I get home, only then will I be able to really offer a rounded opinion. 

I guess it's too late to return since you had for few months. ? You should consider selling it while D7100 price drops everyday (~$850 now).
Just an idea, :)

May 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #1,603 of 1,920
Is it possible to take away the foam in front...would tat improve clarity?
I almost hit on one going for 500plus in amazon..but chickened out...:p

May 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #1,604 of 1,920
Quote:
Is it possible to take away the foam in front...would tat improve clarity?
I almost hit on one going for 500plus in amazon..but chickened out...
tongue.gif

Really ? USD ? at $300 to $500 I might buy one for mainly watching movies/TV. Bad sound quality doesn't really bother me I just want to have a headphone that is comfortable as D7100 for long hours. (coming from LCD2 experience ^^).

May 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,605 of 1,920
the ue9000 is my antidote to LCD2...its got good clarity n a snappy bass with good comfort...n its bluetooth. great for walking around the living room with the movie on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back