Denon D7000 & D7100
Sep 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #31 of 46
That is exactly my point :). I just wouldn't feel comfortable selling such things and making a profit on it.... But the bigger picture is misleading people into buying the gear based on the review if you really don't mean what you say and are doing so based on an incentive.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:
That is exactly my point :). I just wouldn't feel comfortable selling such things and making a profit on it.... But the bigger picture is misleading people into buying the gear based on the review if you really don't mean what you say and are doing so based on an incentive.

That's why I usually wait for many reviews (especially here) first. As they say, Buyer beware. 
smile.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #34 of 46
Sep 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Thanks, do you know of a site that gives discounts on them? I searched and found some people were able to get them for 650, from J&R I think, but they no longer carry them.

I've searched all over the net when I was buying my D2000 a week ago, but I couldn't find any deals. Maybe keep an eye out in Headroom's (headphone.com) B-Stock. The headphones are normally customer returns, but they're virtually brand new. They go through an inspection and cleaning to get their "Like New" title. That's where I grabbed my D2000 from.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #37 of 46
Luckily in Tokyo, Fujiya Avic still have them in stock - but their last batch. If they sell these out, they won't be bringing in anymore of the old Denons anymore :-

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list64.html

Strangely though, all 3 models (7000, 5000, 2000) all say "only 15 left". So I wonder how accurate that figure is - will be surprised if they have exactly 15 left of each. But they seem pretty well discounted.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #39 of 46
Quote:
Luckily in Tokyo, Fujiya Avic still have them in stock - but their last batch. If they sell these out, they won't be bringing in anymore of the old Denons anymore :-

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/list64.html

Strangely though, all 3 models (7000, 5000, 2000) all say "only 15 left". So I wonder how accurate that figure is - will be surprised if they have exactly 15 left of each. But they seem pretty well discounted.

Thanks for the tip, just picked some up there. They have at least one pair of D7000's left. I don't know how many they have for sure as my double digit Nihongo vocab didn't stretch to asking them.

I tested them out at Yodabashi Akiba with the Fostex HP-A3, A7 and A8 and went with the A3.

I have the HP-A3 connected to my Audioengine A2 speakers as well, all works well, the D7000's are sounding very good.

Just need to get rid of my old Project USB box DAC now, not really sure how I can sell it here and don't want to throw it away. It does work with my iPad but I can't think of a scenario where that would actually be useful for me.

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:
Got to hear the D7100s today. Just some quick impressions. 

Construction:

These headphones are H-U-G-E. I've got a large noggin, but I could easily put these on my head at almost the minimum setting. Something I've never been able to do with headphones before. 

Wow, there's a lot of plastic on these things....like a lot and it doesn't feel as sturdy or well conceived as the HD800s. Comfort wise, they are quite good and they isolate MUCH better than the D7000s (which IMO were basically "open" headphones due to their complete lack of isolation).

Now onto how they sound:

First impressions:

blink.gif

Follow-up Impressions:

WTH happened? The D7000s were a lush and luxurious sounding headphones. Sure the treble was spikey and not overly refined, but these were all over the place. The bass was tamer, but a bit "one note" bass without the same impact, but yet flabby. The mids still recessed like the D7000s and the treble was most troublesome to my ears. Siblance on many of my favourite recordings that I'm not used to hearing it (even with my HD800s). I was able to hear the D7000 immediately after these and I preferred the older model by a good margin. Makes me very happy to own the W3000ANVs.

I currently have a pair of denon D5000's, For christmas I think I'm going to get the Yulong D100 (to replace my fiio E17) And I was wondering if a pair of D7000's are a solid purchase (If I were to purchase the D100) at 780$? 

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:
I currently have a pair of denon D5000's, For christmas I think I'm going to get the Yulong D100 (to replace my fiio E17) And I was wondering if a pair of D7000's are a solid purchase (If I were to purchase the D100) at 780$? 

Bang for your buck the D5000s are fairly close to the D7000s. That said, I've always found the bass a bit more flabby and intrusive when compared to the D7000s. If you can find a pair (as they're discontinued) for a good price, then I would. Heck, I've owned the D7000s twice, so what do I know? 
tongue.gif

Better still, if you love the D5000 sound, then the TH-900s! 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #45 of 46
Just bought the D7100 and at first they did not sound that great. The bass was overpowering but after about 15 hrs of burnin things are settling down. I don't think that these HP's are bad. Actually the sound I am hearing now is close to HD650 and comparing them to my HE500 it's not much of a difference. I bought them for a huge discount around £600 but on ebay they are even cheaper £490. For those prices I find these headphones a great buy. They sound as good from an Amplifier as from a iPod/iPhone. My current setup is as follows MacBook Air..audiolab m-dac... Corda jazz. I am now thinking of getting rid of most of my setup. But we will see how they sound in the next 15 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back