Denon D600 or Beyer DT990 or others?
Jul 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JBal4

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I am looking to get a new pair of headphones for listening to hiphop and rock with.
The two that caught my I are the denon d600 and the beyer Dt990 600 OHM. I am looking to get a pair that has decent bass impact and sub bass.
My current setup is Loseless via laptop> Fiio E09K+E17> Q701. I also am building a SSMH, so amplification is not an issue.

I am also open to any suggestions and opinions of other headphones that would fit my desires.:L3000:

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 5
D600 was to me pretty awful with rock and electronic music, I would not recommend it to anyone for any music though. very messy sounding.

since you're listing DT990, you're OK with open-back headphones?

actually, the DT990 are not that bad. I only heard the 600Ohm version and while I don't like their sound, it is still good. lacking quite a lot of midrange to me. and very bassy. don't know about sub-bass though, was a while ago since I last heard them.

LCD-2 have really nice thick deep sub-bass if you're willing to spend a bit more, and sound really good just in general. but price may be of an issue, $995 for a new pair. though the bass is delicious and goes very deep.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks for that i will probably cross the d600 off my list then. I just sold a set of vmodas that had very loose feeling bass so i would rather not spend 2-3 times more and continue to have the same issues. I have heard of the audeze before but I would have to save up for a while before I could get enough "extra" cash saved up. i guess ill have to start saving my pennys

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Why don't you look into the DT880's ? They're basically dt990's with less bass and more midrange. You might find the bass a bit lacking though.

However, the DT990's are also great. They have a wide open, detailed sound with hard-hitting, impactfull bass.

Jul 9, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 5
i wanted bass in my next set of phones that is why i was considering dt990. In the end i actually got a pair of m100 off ebay for $200 :biggrin: still waiting for them to get here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back