Denon D5000 paired with RSA Predator
Jul 18, 2008 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

david21

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried pairing these two together? Was the Predator able to produce enough juice for the D5000? Is it even worth pairing these two together?

^My cousin, who owns the D5000, wanted me to ask you guys those qs since he's lazy and doesn't want to register onto this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 4
The Predator should have no problem powering the D5000s, but whether the matching is perfect or not, I would not know.

Jul 19, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meloncoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Predator should have no problem powering the D5000s, but whether the matching is perfect or not, I would not know.

I haven't tried the Predator, but if we take as correct the repeated comments stating the Predator as being quite similar to the SR-71, then I'd say it could work very well.
I own a SR-71 and it drives the D5000 very well with good sound quality and lots of "juice". The "problem" is that the SR-71 won't cover any mistakes on the source, so if using an iPod or another DAP as a source, you'll probably find the overall sound a bit sibilant and slightly harsh, but when using right sounding sources, the results are great for my taste.

Rgrds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back