DENON D2000 VS ULTRASONE HFI-780
Nov 1, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 11
Well I've had both and from the time I spent with both, I chose the D2000 simply because of comfort.

The D2000 were MUCH more comfort but this came at the cost of isolation and "fit". They fit fine on my head but are pretty loose. But they are VERY comfortable.

The sound quality of both is very good, the D2000 has a warmer sound, while the HFI-780 are "bolder and has a punchier bass". The HFI-780 seem to better built though.

So it's a choice between comfort, sound signature and build quality... just like any headphone HAHA

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dap_pad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've had both and from the time I spent with both, I chose the D2000 simply because of comfort.

The D2000 were MUCH more comfort but this came at the cost of isolation and "fit". They fit fine on my head but are pretty loose. But they are VERY comfortable.

The sound quality of both is very good, the D2000 has a warmer sound, while the HFI-780 are "bolder and has a punchier bass". The HFI-780 seem to better built though.

So it's a choice between comfort, sound signature and build quality... just like any headphone HAHA

u mean d2000 pretty loose?can be fix?

Nov 1, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 11
tommy: you need to have some patience.

By "loose" he means they don't grip your head tightly like many other headphones do. Ultrasones are reputably the opposite.

dap_pad: I'd like to hear more about the sound differences as I was thinking of getting a pair of re-cabled 780s for traveling.

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 11
i'm interested to know more bout the hfi780 vs d2000 too, since i find the d2000's sound not as 'engaging' as i liked although it has a smooth sound, with strong bass, but i guess it sounds too 'cultured'? i wonder would the hfi780 be more 'fun' to listen to? i listen to more pop/rnb/rock/hiphop/jazz

tommy_uk7: btw can demo hfi780 at stereo electronics store at woodlands sg, and d2000 at jaben and farle funan

Nov 5, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by imp0ssibled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm interested to know more bout the hfi780 vs d2000 too, since i find the d2000's sound not as 'engaging' as i liked although it has a smooth sound, with strong bass, but i guess it sounds too 'cultured'? i wonder would the hfi780 be more 'fun' to listen to? i listen to more pop/rnb/rock/hiphop/jazz

tommy_uk7: btw can demo hfi780 at stereo electronics store at woodlands sg, and d2000 at jaben and farle funan

i see,thanks

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #9 of 11
i had test ALO HFI780 and D2000 (modded pads + D5000 cable) in old days, haven't test the stock yet though...
redface.gif

i definitely would recommend HFI780 to D2000, cos' i found HFI780 were sit just right on my head and ears, better seal, very involving, got more impact and good clarity too...i agree about HFI780 are more bolder and have puchier bass as dap_pad had said before, and HFI780 are very good allrounder cans for almost all genre music, gaming, watch movies & alot of easier to drive too...even you can drive it direct from an ipod, D2000 sound a bit dull, lifeless and empty directly from ipod...just my opinion !

hi imp0ssibled, how re' you doing...long time not seing you post, pal...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back