Denon D2000, Amazon
Sep 28, 2010 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
$192.27

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AHD2000-Performance-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B000MVEC0Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285723861&sr=8-1

I don't know about you guys, but this is effortlessly a steal.

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 27
Tempted to give these another chance. Love the design, fit and comfort, but the mids were slightly recessed and they have a bit too much bass for me.
I probably should have burned them in for 1000 hours though.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 27
I had these a while back and after days of burn-in, I noticed the bass became so much tighter and less noticeable (dominant) than out of the box. I was surprised, I thought something wrong was happening with the headphones...then I thought that it was just because I got use to their sound signature. There is unquestionably a noticeable change in sound and everything with these headphones within days of use.

It ticks me off how people keep talking about the recessed mids as if it's the biggest issue addressed in headphones. If you put these on and not think of "recessed mids," I can almost guarantee you'll enjoy them more than ever and not have to spend $600+ on a pair of headphones with the same quality (that has better mids, lol). Besides, the mids are just fine, I love them.

Put them on, enjoy the sound and move on.

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes back up to $349 on Amazon. I think I might just snatch a pair for the hell of it. Great quality headphones.

Quote:
Tempted to give these another chance. Love the design, fit and comfort, but the mids were slightly recessed and they have a bit too much bass for me.
I probably should have burned them in for 1000 hours though.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 27
Recessed mids ARE the biggest issue with headphones. At least for me. I never knowingly buy a $200+ pair of headphones and sit there and think "These are going to have recessed mids"! I actually didn't realize they had this issue until I had owned them.

My primary focus is on vocal quality, so if they're not good, then i'll return them. I want forward sounding vocals that are easy to hear, clear and natural. Bass heavy headphones usually take away from this in my experience.

I do agree that people toss around "they have recessed mids!" too much. If there's a headphone that has the most forward mids in the world, someone is still going to say they're recessed. I don't get it.

Today someone told me my Grado SR-80 mids were recessed and people say that about my Triple Fi 10. It's just strange. Saying the SR-80 has recessed mids is like saying the M50 has NO BASS!

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 27
there is no way the triplefi10 have recessed mids...their sound is literally in your face.

I'll be honest, I did not know what recessed mids was, and did not know if the d2000 had them until i did some research on here. nevertheless, i still love the d2000, the so called recessed mids don't bother me at all. the sound is still natural and fun to me and that's what should matter.

Quote:
Recessed mids ARE the biggest issue with headphones. At least for me. I never knowingly buy a $200+ pair of headphones and sit there and think "These are going to have recessed mids"! I actually didn't realize they had this issue until I had owned them.

My primary focus is on vocal quality, so if they're not good, then i'll return them. I want forward sounding vocals that are easy to hear, clear and natural. Bass heavy headphones usually take away from this in my experience.

I do agree that people toss around "they have recessed mids!" too much. If there's a headphone that has the most forward mids in the world, someone is still going to say they're recessed. I don't get it.

Today someone told me my Grado SR-80 mids were recessed and people say that about my Triple Fi 10. It's just strange. Saying the SR-80 has recessed mids is like saying the M50 has NO BASS!

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 27

Quote:
It ticks me off how people keep talking about the recessed mids as if it's the biggest issue addressed in headphones.  

Do you think bass and treble are more important?!

Oh, and anyway..
"Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones cannot be shipped to the selected address"

Gotta love Amazon
rolleyes.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

It's because it's so much fun to say, and sounds so cool. My Grado's have recessed mids. See?

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #9 of 27
I could use a closed can I have always liked the look of these. Seems to be a great deal.

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 27
If either of the wood ones were on sale, I'd be very tempted.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #15 of 27
These are $232 right now on Amazon ... do these often go lower than this?  Being that it's Christmas, do you think I should wait to see if they go lower?  They're for me (a birthday present from my wife), so I can wait.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back