Denon D1001 - A Question
Jan 4, 2009 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys how much sound does the D1001 actually leak in? Im hoping that the headphones are in between Open and Closed. Dont leak sound out and leak sound in.

i actually want to hear people at the office and especially when the phone rings :p would i be able to hear these at say 5/10 volume on my iPod.

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 9
Assuming you don't listen at deafening levels, you should definitely be able to hear the phone ring and probably hear the people talking. When I had my d1000 it didn't isolate much at all, which was fine with me because I used them at home. I also didn't notice them leak much if any at all at the volumes that I listened to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 9
D1001 dont block much sound from outside..so u mite hear your phone ring..

also, keep your phone on vibration just in case u dont miss important calls.

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 9
You should hear a phone which is close to you just fine. It will keep sound in very well though. People who sit right near me say they can't hear anything, my ESW9's actually let more sound out than my D1001's.

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its an office phone, that are about 4 meters away.

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #6 of 9
I think you'll be able to hear the phone pretty well. In my experience the d1001 doesn't really isolate you from the world. It just does a good job of preventing sound from leaking out. Those qualities seem like they'd fit your need pretty well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you'll be able to hear the phone pretty well. In my experience the d1001 doesn't really isolate you from the world. It just does a good job of preventing sound from leaking out. Those qualities seem like they'd fit your need pretty well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome might consider these, and / or the Alessendro MS-1 which will totally leak sound out i believe, but best at letting sound in.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys how much sound does the D1001 actually leak in? Im hoping that the headphones are in between Open and Closed. Dont leak sound out and leak sound in.

i actually want to hear people at the office and especially when the phone rings :p would i be able to hear these at say 5/10 volume on my iPod.

I found when I reviewed the D1001s that they didn't block as much outside noise as I would have liked but did a very nice job of keeping the sound in. Thus they should be perfect for the application you intend to use them for. While grooving to your favorite music you'll still be albe to hear the phone or a co-worker (especially if that phone is close by). Just don't have the volume at too loud a level or even though the D1001s allow some sound to leak in the music might just overpower the sound of the phone ringing. I'd say go for it. You'll be happy. A very nice sounding headphone.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCIII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found when I reviewed the D1001s that they didn't block as much outside noise as I would have liked but did a very nice job of keeping the sound in. Thus they should be perfect for the application you intend to use them for. While grooving to your favorite music you'll still be albe to hear the phone or a co-worker (especially if that phone is close by). Just don't have the volume at too loud a level or even though the D1001s allow some sound to leak in the music might just overpower the sound of the phone ringing. I'd say go for it. You'll be happy. A very nice sounding headphone.

Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle Shepard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should hear a phone which is close to you just fine. It will keep sound in very well though. People who sit right near me say they can't hear anything, my ESW9's actually let more sound out than my D1001's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Assuming you don't listen at deafening levels, you should definitely be able to hear the phone ring and probably hear the people talking. When I had my d1000 it didn't isolate much at all, which was fine with me because I used them at home. I also didn't notice them leak much if any at all at the volumes that I listened to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Guys, i'll think about it more, especially after i heard about the existance of the Phaiton MS-400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back