Denon D1000 vs. Bose On-Ear headphones
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lilyungn

New Head-Fier
Hi, I recently bought a pair of Bose on-ear headphones I like them overall; nice quality, bass, and size but they are pretty expensive. I am thinking of returning these because I heard Denon D1000 are just as good, can any of you who have tested both tell me which would be better. I listen to mainly hip hop, r&b, trance and occasionally rock. A key factor for me is bass would the Denon deliver same bass as these bose?

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 13
the denon will definitely outperform the Bose. I had the same Denon and left them on a flight.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
talk about being stupid........

hey hey, be nice
wink_face.gif

yeah, avoid Bose despite what the hot girl working at bose booth is telling you.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey hey, be nice
wink_face.gif

yeah, avoid Bose despite what the hot girl working at bose booth is telling you.

Are there ever female employees of Bose at all? All I ever see are 30 year-old men in business suits.

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there ever female employees of Bose at all? All I ever see are 30 year-old men in business suits.

when a man gets lonely...

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 13
At least the BOSE are small, and portable then the big Denon.

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is your brain fried? d1001 is just as portable as bose, and sounds way more analytical too

BOSE OE is only 140grams (inc. cable) comes with a nice hard carry case..
Cant be said about the D1001 and its soft case and 180grams.

and the denons are bigger.

Nov 28, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 13
i had the Bose on-ear phones and I sold them to a guy in my house who didn't know any better. I used that money to buy the 1001k. I have compared the two side-by-side and can honestly say that the Denon are sonically better, more accurate, more comfortable, and feature better bass.

Do yourself a favor and sell your Bose to buy the Denon.

Nov 28, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BOSE OE is only 140grams (inc. cable) comes with a nice hard carry case..
Cant be said about the D1001 and its soft case and 180grams.

and the denons are bigger.

Nonetheless, I'd rather have something that sounds better. I've tried on the OE's, since a friend of mine has one, and I thought the sound was pretty bad for something you're paying so much for.

Also, so what if it's more portable? It doesn't mean the Denons aren't portable either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back