Denon D-700
Mar 8, 2008 at 9:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

moonsetflies

Head-Fier
I just purchased a Denon D-700 component stereo system, which was kind of an impulsive buy, but I think it was a good one. I just moved so i haven't had the opportunity to really get a good listen on it.

Is anyone familiar with this system? How would you describe the sound, and most importantly, how much power can I expect to get out of the amp to drive headphones?

Thank you!!

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 8
Can you post some pictures of this Denon D-700?
What kind of speakers did it come with?
I think it might be the same mini system I bought from Circuit City about 10-12 yrs ago for around $1,000...

Mar 9, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by justthinking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you post some pictures of this Denon D-700?
What kind of speakers did it come with?
I think it might be the same mini system I bought from Circuit City about 10-12 yrs ago for around $1,000...

Certainly, I will snap a few photos of it tomorrow and let you know what kinda speakers. I will also try to pull some more information off the back of it, etc. Thanks!!

Mar 11, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #5 of 8
Took out the system from the box in my garage and indeed they are denon d-700 mini system.
If I recall correctly, don't expect too much from the headphone out port.
The system sounds okay for the entry level setup, but you would best served getting a new pair of the speakers.
The output per channel is rated at 6 ohms 48 watts.

Mar 18, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 8
sorry i never got around to taking those photos, I am still in the moving process, but I did get to hook it up and listen to it a bit more and I think I am pretty darn happy with it. Seems to have a very full, clean and reasonably detailed sound. Definitely wont have enough power to amp high end headphones so I suppose I am going to get the AD900's which would work well with this system I think.

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah, it's a good mini system. However, you will do a lot better if you replace the included denon speakers.
I bought a pair of Monitor Audio BR2 a while back and was going to use it on my home theater system.
While I was waiting for my receiver to arrive, I tested the BR2 w/ the D-700.
You will be surprised how well the D-700 can perform with a decent pair of speakers.

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by justthinking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it's a good mini system. However, you will do a lot better if you replace the included denon speakers.
I bought a pair of Monitor Audio BR2 a while back and was going to use it on my home theater system.
While I was waiting for my receiver to arrive, I tested the BR2 w/ the D-700.
You will be surprised how well the D-700 can perform with a decent pair of speakers.

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I definitely am enjoying the system so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back