Denon c551, UE sf3/4, or er-6i....now maybe Klipsch?
Nov 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

prisoner6

New Head-Fier
I'm narrowing down my choices for a new set of IEM. I listen to a variety of music, but let's say this will lean more to Rock/Pop general use music.

Options:

Denon c551
Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4
Etymotic er6i

Any input appreciated. I am looking for solid build quality, comfort, and most important, sound quality. Would like a nice crisp clear sound, not necessary to be overloaded on bass.

I am upgrading from Senn CX300. Am I going to notice a marked difference with any of these three choices?

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Any thoughts?

I have revised to considering the er-6i, the UE Super.fi 3 Studio and the Denon c551.

I'm looking for a marked improvement over the Senn CX300. I would like crisp clear highs, balanced bass and a good open soundstage.

My concerns are that the er-6i won't have the soundstage i want, and I'm not sure I want something that goes into my ears so deep. But I understand they have very clear highs.

I worry that the Denons aren't much different than the CX300, but I like the metal construction.

The UE sf3 seems to be a comprmise, my biggest concern is that I won't like the comfort/fit.

Any input would be appreciated as I would like to move on this soon.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 4
can't help u much with that. i own none of these models
tongue.gif
. but there is one thing i can definately tell u from what i have read. the denon c351(which is a step down from the c551) is better than cx300. the difference between c551 and c351 is significant.
so c551 is definately an upgrade to the sennheiser cx300.
i feel the klipsch image x5 would cost u more than twice that of the denon c551. the klipsch model in this price range would be klipsch custom1.
other models u could consider r westone um1 and philips she9850. both have good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back