Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #2,101 of 4,391
Thanks for your help! I've decided to let my Z1R go and order the 9200. Who knows how long it will take to get here though...

Does anyone have any suggestions for 3.5 mm to 4.4 mm balanced cables? Not looking to spend too much and would like a shorter one. I'm based in Australia.

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #2,102 of 4,391
Hey, I'm curious: does the 9200 scale well with better amping or going balanced?
With better amping, yes.
With balanced not that much, i'd say.

But that's hard to figure, bc i was listening to the Mojo in se and switched to the R28 going balanced from the XLR out. :wink: (with the same cable + adapter to 3.5)
This is the way the R28 is designed to be used.

Have to compare the se out and xlr on the R28 again to be sure. :)

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2,103 of 4,391
Thanks for your help! I've decided to let my Z1R go and order the 9200. Who knows how long it will take to get here though...

Does anyone have any suggestions for 3.5 mm to 4.4 mm balanced cables? Not looking to spend too much and would like a shorter one. I'm based in Australia.
Just have a look at ebay.
There're several ones for Denon which doesn't charge that much.
Otherwise have a look for Beyerdynamic T1 cables, these will do the job too, ime.

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #2,104 of 4,391

I use and really like Artic Cables. Whether balanced makes a difference depends greatly on your source. Not all balanced architectures are equal. Congrats.

Jan 17, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #2,105 of 4,391
I use and really like Artic Cables. Whether balanced makes a difference depends greatly on your source. Not all balanced architectures are equal. Congrats.
I concur on Arctic Cables...

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,106 of 4,391
Hi, I'm quite interested in the Denon Ah-d9200, but I was wondering if they could be driven well enough with some standalone dap?
And if so, which one would you recommend at the minimum to get the better of them?
Do you think the new HiBy R6 2020 could do the job?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 😁

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,107 of 4,391
Hi, I'm quite interested in the Denon Ah-d9200, but I was wondering if they could be driven well enough with some standalone dap?
And if so, which one would you recommend at the minimum to get the better of them?

Should be fine. The D9200 are easy to drive, and do well with neutral to slightly warm DAPs.. As the D9200 are relatively clear in the higher registers, perhaps a too analytical and bright DAP might be a lesser combination, but that's not the case with the HiBy

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,108 of 4,391
I dont know the output power of the new R6, but it drives just fine with the R8 I have and sounds equally good! Pretty easy to drive!

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #2,109 of 4,391
Should be fine. The D9200 are easy to drive, and do well with neutral to slightly warm DAPs.. As the D9200 are relatively clear in the higher registers, perhaps a too analytical and bright DAP might be a lesser combination, but that's not the case with the HiBy
Exactly this. :)

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #2,111 of 4,391
Good afternoon, today I have received the denon 9200 and I cannot be more happy, I have a couple of doubts, I would like to find a 2.5 or 4.4 cable I do not care, it would be to pair with my kann alpha. I was surprised by how easy they are to move because of the 3.5 output through kann alpha, I have aeon and balanced I have to increase the volume more, I don't want to imagine the aeon balanced. some cable recommendation.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,112 of 4,391
Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2... 209 euros for a 1.5m balanced cable... I use them also between my D9200 and my FiiO M15

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #2,113 of 4,391
Good afternoon, today I have received the denon 9200 and I cannot be more happy, I have a couple of doubts, I would like to find a 2.5 or 4.4 cable I do not care, it would be to pair with my kann alpha. I was surprised by how easy they are to move because of the 3.5 output through kann alpha, I have aeon and balanced I have to increase the volume more, I don't want to imagine the aeon balanced. some cable recommendation.
Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2... 209 euros for a 1.5m balanced cable... I use them also between my D9200 and my FiiO M15

I agree, I confirm

Jan 27, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #2,115 of 4,391
Alright. Order for the Denon placed (custom order, 6 months out) and Sony Z1R sold... What can I expect? Is it a side grade or a noticeable upgrade?

Vocals were a bit recessed for me on the Z1R - hope that will be different.
Between the 2, I prefer the bass on the MDR-Z1R; it has equally good texture and layering, but it sounds bolder with a touch more potency, resulting in a grander, more involving presentation. For my genre of choice, EDM, the MDR-Z1R provides a stronger kick in the lows. The Sony has a timbre that is lusher and more fluid-sounding; as a result, vocals retain a level of gravitas and authority.

With that being said, the AH-D9200 beats the MDR-Z1R in overall balance and treble performance. It is also easier to distinguish micro-detail, dynamic changes and nuances on the Denon flagship.

It's a toss up between the 2, IMO. If you're going from one to the other, in the overall balance of things, I'd say that the consequence is more of an eventual side-grade than an outright upgrade. Nevertheless, if you're a fan of a cleaner, leaner sound, with good balance from top to bottom, whilst retaining an excellent bass section, the AH-D9200 can be viewed as an endgame.

I have compared the 2 headphones here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back