Denon AH-D7000
Feb 15, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #7,321 of 7,457
I don't think it's the pad issue.  There's a small air-gap between the metal frames and the cups (on the other side of the pads).  There's a thing calls Blu-Tack that you can use to plug up the gap; in case it doesn't work out, can always remove it.  But this may drastically/adversely change the sound signature of the 'phones, so be aware.          

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #7,322 of 7,457
I don't think it's the pad issue.  There's a small air-gap between the metal frames and the cups (on the other side of the pads).  There's a thing calls Blu-Tack that you can use to plug up the gap; in case it doesn't work out, can always remove it.  But this may drastically/adversely change the sound signature of the 'phones, so be aware.          

Thanks SkoOb, I'll give it a go.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #7,324 of 7,457
Thanks SkoOb, I'll give it a go.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

I'm with Skoob - they are designed to have that small amount of leakage and as such it makes them sound like they do - which is glorious! 

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #7,325 of 7,457
I was thinking about upgrading the pads - the ZMF ones are a good price but I can't find any reviews on them. Is there that much difference between the different pad options or is it better to get the Lawton ones?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #7,326 of 7,457
I was thinking about upgrading the pads - the ZMF ones are a good price but I can't find any reviews on them. Is there that much difference between the different pad options or is it better to get the Lawton ones?

I've tried about 6 different pads on my LA7000 and ended up preferring the Lawton angle pads the best.  That said, I have the ZMF pads in the house for another headphone but have not tried them on the Denon.  They are very well made pads. 

Feb 17, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #7,327 of 7,457
A 'stupid' question - how to remove the pads of D7000?
I try to turn them CW or CCW, but they 'spinning' and don't remove.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #7,328 of 7,457
  A 'stupid' question - how to remove the pads of D7000?
I try to turn them CW or CCW, but they 'spinning' and don't remove.

They are tricky the first time you're removing them - hold the cup in your left hand and with your right palm push down on the pads, compressing them, and rotate it 1/4 turn to the left.  There's a white ring mounted that engages the frame of the driver capsule that is sometimes difficult the first couple of times you remove them.  If that doesn't work, you can gently remove the pads from the rings by peeling the edge of the pads away from the ring.  Once the pad is removed you'll see the ring and how it connects to the headphone. 

After you get them off, put the ring back in the pad, and line up all four tabs, then as with the removal process, while holding the wood cup in your left hand, push down and rotate the pad 1/4 turn to the RIGHT to install. 

Let me know if you need any further info - I can take pics if needed. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #7,330 of 7,457
Anyone loving his oldddd D7k......?

Took it out of the vault.... dap on some snake oil,
mannn that sweet clear refined sound coming thru,
kept reminding me how SUPERB this can is.

cheers to all the living D7k clansmen !! :p

Apr 1, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #7,332 of 7,457
I'm using them through my Audio-gd NOS11 V2. To be honest I haven't understood what "headphone upscaling" means til I've heard these cans sound as the do now with this amp/dac. The sound with my previous nfb-29 was great, but right now they make your ears real butter.

Cheers.

Apr 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #7,333 of 7,457
  Anyone loving his oldddd D7k......?

Took it out of the vault.... dap on some snake oil,
mannn that sweet clear refined sound coming thru,
kept reminding me how SUPERB this can is.

cheers to all the living D7k clansmen !! :p

Another clansman here................still love it and have no desire to sell mine, even with the HE-6 and Pioneer SE Master 1 in the house.  I had the Sony MDR-Z1R and it head to head and sold the Sony if that tells you how much I love my LA7000.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #7,334 of 7,457
Wow...

Just got a set of d7000's and wonderin why I've never bought them B4 now. Very nice!

I assumed that all they were about was their bass, but they also have excellent mids, treble, soundstage, depth, width, timbre, texture, detail, tone, etc, etc... 

Very happy to join the club :wink:

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #7,335 of 7,457
  I'm using them through my Audio-gd NOS11 V2. To be honest I haven't understood what "headphone upscaling" means til I've heard these cans sound as the do now with this amp/dac. The sound with my previous nfb-29 was great, but right now they make your ears real butter.

Cheers.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/NOS/NOS11/NOS11EN.htm

This dac/amp huh...slurpzz, i am using the old NFB10.32 balanced dac/amp,
and already i am v happy with what i am hearing,
havent got the ball$ to snag the higher models
u must be hearing the rustling of grasses, pindrops..roaches crawling.
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back