Denon AH-D7000
Nov 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #5,687 of 7,457
I've done everything but the pad mod (stock cups) on my D7000 and I absolutely love it. I was a bit unsure at first, but once your ears get used to the sound (which you need to do for all headphones), they sound far far better and more refined.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #5,693 of 7,457
Mark doesnt do the hole punch part of the drivers anymore (on the D7000 at least). Just the back of the driver frame (the plastic circular rungs) and the inside of the cups.

The difference is noticeable, but not dramatic to my ears.

For $100 i think its well worth it. Inwouldnt do any of the rest ofnthe "upgrades"

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #5,697 of 7,457
Quote:
Just finished the mods for the D7000, whew! 

Ok after a few hours listening

1. Bass is certainly more controlled. There's not so much a giant bloat of bass, but more control transparency and discrepancy  within the bass region

2. Due to the above the midrange is really nice now. It's still warm, but doesn't have the bump from the boomy bass. It's a very warm yet very controlled sound, I like it a lot.

3. Unfortunately, I think the overall treble has increased it's presence, and dare I say, it's become somewhat sibilant. It's quite irritating. I think because the bass has been reduced it has become more pronounced. The D7000 are a pair I usually crank up loud, but certainly not anymore. 

Overall, if I had to describe the overall change, it would be refined. Poor recordings are more sibilant, but detail in bass and treble has definitely increased. These definitely sound more refined and closer to my HE-6.

Nov 2, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #5,698 of 7,457
Quote:

Ok after a few hours listening

1. Bass is certainly more controlled. There's not so much a giant bloat of bass, but more control transparency and discrepancy  within the bass region

2. Due to the above the midrange is really nice now. It's still warm, but doesn't have the bump from the boomy bass. It's a very warm yet very controlled sound, I like it a lot.

3. Unfortunately, I think the overall treble has increased it's presence, and dare I say, it's become somewhat sibilant. It's quite irritating. I think because the bass has been reduced it has become more pronounced. The D7000 are a pair I usually crank up loud, but certainly not anymore. 

Overall, if I had to describe the overall change, it would be refined. Poor recordings are more sibilant, but detail in bass and treble has definitely increased. These definitely sound more refined and closer to my HE-6.

You just did the damping right? Still stock earpads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back