Denon AH-D7000 vs JVC DX-1000, anyone?
Nov 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 10
I'd like to see ones for myself but seems not that soon although I saw my friend's review recently.

Nov 13, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #5 of 10
The JVC DX-1000 is my current favorite headphone when partnered with the Darkvoice 337. I like a warm HP and tubes. Bass has to go really low and the highs should sparkle without sibilance. Voices should be lifelike and the sound stage needs to be wide and layered. This is what I get with this combo.
I tried the 7000's at the ChiUniFi meet and was thoroughly underimpressed. They were really neutral and did everything well but didn't have the magic of the DX-1000 which grab you and take you somewhere else (better place). I wanted to like the 7000's since I also own the markl moded D-5000 with jena wire cables but it just didn't deliver for me. YMMV
Many folks think the 7000's outshine the MD-5000's so you may have different ears than mine or different preferences. Listen to both before buying either.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JVC DX-1000 is my current favorite headphone when partnered with the Darkvoice 337. I like a warm HP and tubes. Bass has to go really low and the highs should sparkle without sibilance. Voices should be lifelike and the sound stage needs to be wide and layered. This is what I get with this combo.
I tried the 7000's at the ChiUniFi meet and was thoroughly underimpressed. They were really neutral and did everything well but didn't have the magic of the DX-1000 which grab you and take you somewhere else (better place). I wanted to like the 7000's since I also own the markl moded D-5000 with jena wire cables but it just didn't deliver for me. YMMV
Many folks think the 7000's outshine the MD-5000's so you may have different ears than mine or different preferences. Listen to both before buying either.

i am going to directly compare these two

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by holdendebeans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You found the D7000s NEUTRAL?!

Something is wrong with your ears my good man.

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You found the D7000s NEUTRAL?!

Something is wrong with your ears my good man.

Agreed. Or he has not tried them at all. Maybe he means that they are not as bloated as the JVCs?

Nov 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #9 of 10
There's nothing wrong with his ears.
'Neutrality' varies from listener to listener, in practice it is just as subjective as the qualification 'fun'
And he meant it in comparison with the DX-1000s.

Jan 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuclear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone around that got a hold on both and can compare?

i have spent more time a'b comparing these cans more than any others, it really drove me crazy,, sigh im sure others can relate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back