Denon ah-d600 review.
Nov 27, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #16 of 161
video is up!

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 161
Quote:
I won't be directly comparing this to the D7000 because of the cost difference.  I will give you guys my opinion on it alone.

Maybe versus a D5000? 
smile.gif

Nov 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 161
Quote:
I won't be directly comparing this to the D7000 because of the cost difference.  I will give you guys my opinion on it alone.

Can u also give your view on whether the two diff cables affect the sound quality...on the bass n highs. thanks.
ph34r.gif
 ...i am borderline keen on this can. It doesnt sound powerful/loud enough on my samsung fone when i casually tested it in a mall.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 161
 One of the high end audio dealers had a denon ah-600 a denon rep had lent him to audition and he showed me them.He is letting me try them out for a bit.
 This my initial impression because the dealer had mentioned that the headphone was new and that he had only listened to it for about a half hour.I have to add the dealer is not a headphone guy and the equipment he carries is much more of the esoteric variety so he is a speaker guy.I initially hooked them to my  burson ha-160 and played them for about six and a half hours on primarily movies from my denon universal player.I gave them a listen yesterday thru the dac section of my decco 2 with a cd of a movie soundtrack recording.I am a fan of movie soundtracks.My initial imperssion was that the bass on this phone was pretty powerful.The highs seemed to be pretty faint.The midrange seemed recessed in comparison with my akg 701s.I played a reference recording next of some jazz from mike garson and my initial impression remained the same.
  They are much easier to drive than the 701s.They played at a sufficient level at a much lower volume setting than the 701s.They also had a smoother sound than my 701s.But the akgs sound more natural to me especially in the midrange..I suspect the denons need more playing time at this point and I am not sure how long the dealer will let me have them.But I will try to put more break in time on them and make a further assessment of them.
 I also tried them on my peachtree decco 2 and they being much easier to drive sounded pretty good on the decco 2 headphone section.
The decco 2 headphone amp is challenged by the 701 and not quite up to the task compared to my burson ha-160 amp.Well I will try to put some break in time on these and make another assessment.This is the first denon headphone I have listened to so I can not make any comparisons obviously to their other models.
 Well that is all for now.If I get a chance to break them in a bit I will try to make somemore comments about them.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 161
Is the review on the go?
Would be nice if you could compare them to the D2000s/D5000s as i am highly interested how they compete against them.

My thought is that they are not bad sounding, though they are overpriced at 500€ and could be sold for like 250€ - 300€.

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #24 of 161
I completely agree with you, if you burn them in farther the treble pops a little more but still recessed in my opinion but the mids a brought forward and the bass is toned down but still quite boomy but doesn't over shadow the mids like on first listen.

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #26 of 161
Very nice write up. I had mine for about a week, and love them. Does anyone know where can upgrade the cable.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #29 of 161
anyone heard the new brother of the d600? it is calles ah-d340 and seems to be an on ear version.

I reviewed it in the current issue of TONEAudio. I think they are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back