Denon AH-D600 or HD598?
Aug 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

novadragon849

New Head-Fier
Hi I want to get some new headphones and I managed to narrow down to the AH-D600 and HD598.

They are both around the same price of where I live.

I want to use these for mainly gaming on the Astro mixamp but I will also like to listen to music and watch films as well and was wondering which do you guys think will be better?

Thanks

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
Hi I want to get some new headphones and I managed to narrow down to the AH-D600 and HD598.
They are both around the same price of where I live.
I want to use these for mainly gaming on the Astro mixamp but I will also like to listen to music and watch films as well and was wondering which do you guys think will be better?

I would think the HD598 would offer better surround sound and the D600 would come with the fuller (and nice) bass.
Have you checked out the Philips X1/28 headphones, seem to be getting good reviews.

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
I would think the HD598 would offer better surround sound and the D600 would come with the fuller (and nice) bass.
Have you checked out the Philips X1/28 headphones, seem to be getting good reviews.

I looked at the philips but the price tag is quite a bit away from the two for some reason here.

In terms of the two, which would you get for my needs? I never really owned a decent set of phones before so I'm not sure whether the surround sound is more important (598) or the bass (D600).

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 5
I own both, but only recently picked up the denon's. The sennheiser hd 598's served me well for two years before I decided to upgrade to the akg 702 annies.

I haven't had enough time with the denons to recommend one or the other, but I can tell you a few things. Namely, they are two completely different headphones. The d600's are closed and have a lot more bass. The bass seems controlled, but I have noticed that the treble is somewhat lacking.

the hd 598's are open and have a large sound stange, with really good positional accuracy. Just take a look at MadlustEnvy's write up. 

If you are looking for pure competitive get the hd598s. 

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #5 of 5
I just plugged the denons into my computer setup(xonar essence STX), and wtih RightMark's positioning accuracy test they do very well. They do a really good job with distinguishing from front/rear sounds, it is also easy to distinguish if something is behind and below you.

I will say this tho, the akg 702 annies blow them both out of the water. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back