Denon AH-D2000 - sold out everywhere?
Jan 19, 2010 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

EdiblePwncakes

New Head-Fier
Seriously, I can't find these headphones anywhere other than Amazon, and they have them up for a ridiculous amount $350. Anyone know if a place will restock soon or somewhere that has them in stock?

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 23
seems reputable to me

it has the "Now On Sale" even lists the correct competitor's price.

you can call em up if and make general inquiries.

The Contact Us icon is pretty legit

GeneralInfo
Phone No:
718-291-1733 or 1-877-572-3378
Fax No: 347-233-4663 All other questions Email us at: CustomerService@ApplianceBestBuys.com
For your convenience ouronline phone retail location is open:

Mon.-Fri. 10:00AM-7:00PM Sat- Sun OnlineOrders Only

[size=large]OurAddress is :
Appliance Best Buys
170-08 Jamaica Avenue [/size]

[size=large]Jamaica, NY 11423[/size]

I'd jump on these asap before the price goes up.

Jan 19, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #7 of 23
Shady site. Don't do it. The reviews aren't all that glowing either.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 23
I've heard some shady things about electronics retailers based in NY, high-end headphones being the luxury goods they are, unless it's a sale on Amazon or from a widely reputed site, just pay the extra premium and be done.

Jan 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Jamaica, NY 11423[/size]

I've been living in NYC long enough to know NOT to go to Jamaica. I bet it's one of the countless digital camera shops in NY. In midtown, you can find a digital camera store on nearly ever corner. Most prices are not fair and they expect you to haggle with them, also, good luck returning anything at those places.

take that as you will.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been living in NYC long enough to know NOT to go to Jamaica. I bet it's one of the countless digital camera shops in NY. In midtown, you can find a digital camera store on nearly ever corner. Most prices are not fair and they expect you to haggle with them, also, good luck returning anything at those places.

take that as you will.

Truth

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shady site. Don't do it. The reviews aren't all that glowing either.

Looks shady indeed. I remember a guy a while back asking about the validity of this site about d7k b/c the price of it was suspiciously good ($558.20) so he called the store and asked if he is an authorized dealer and he said yes. He hung up, went to Denon's site and confirmed he was lying right through his teeth. Do a search, it's in here somewhere. Reviews on resellerratings aren't that attractive either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seems reputable to me

it has the "Now On Sale" even lists the correct competitor's price.

you can call em up if and make general inquiries.

The Contact Us icon is pretty legit

I'd jump on these asap before the price goes up.

As soon as I read

Quote:

seems reputable to me

it told me something more about the replier than the atrocious recommendation made. It has
Quote:

"Now On Sale" & Contact Us

icons so it must imply I can loosen my doubts and order w/ shiver of excitement for getting such awesome deals. Might as well make one for myself and do what I think I might just do.
icon10.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #12 of 23
Looks shady to me. Nice to know that there is increasing demand for the D2000, though. One of my fave cans. It ain't perfect, but that's kind of its endearing charm. Large sounds sound better!

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 23
There's a mint pair listed on Amazon Warehouse Deals right now for $222 shipped. They might even be the ones I returned last week! If so they're as-new.

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 23
Why'd you return 'em, dpippel? D2k's not your thing? ... Killer avatar, btw. Favorite movie of all time, duuude!

Jan 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 23
I liked them enough but felt the D5000 was quite a bit better. In the end it was a financial decision. I'm very happy with my Grado/MiniMAX combo at the moment. Couldn't justify keeping the D2000 to complement them OR spending the extra cash on the D5000 and selling the SR225i. So back they went. I really did enjoy the D5000 quite a bit though and may end up going there again in the future. The Dude abides....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back