Denon AH-D2000 Recable Options?
Feb 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ML Infamous

New Head-Fier
Going to keep this post short since this just happenend and i'm a bit angry.

What options do I have to recable my Denon AH-D2000. I just had them ripped out of an AuzenTech Prelude, it broke off the headphone input on that, and frayed some of the cables on the headphones and bent the connector. I can now only hear out of the left side. 

Anyway, I figured what better time to upgrade my sound card and recable my headphones.

Suggestions appreciated.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 13
Order one from Double Helix if you will do it yourself,

OR Lawton Audio has a great D2000 recable that they will do for you (not cheap)

OR sell them to someone for recabling and just upgrade to D5000's rather than spending money to keep the same headphones =D

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 13
Where are you located? There head-fi'ers all around that have the knowledge, but maybe not the time. Sending it to lawton audio or another 'professional' group will cost you an arm and a leg.

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 13
http://www.homegrownaudio.com/silver_braid.htm use the 4x silver braid wire from these guys.

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 13
uahhh...... I'm not sure actuly, I know people have been useing them to rewire other headphones and I plan to with these hahaha. I would assume*if other people have used it* they will work.

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 13
I've never done cabling myself, I've read a few tutorials but I'm not quite sure if I should try it myself for the first time.

Also how would I go about finding someone to sell them as is, to pay towards an upgrade, and what would be a rough amount I could expect to get.

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #8 of 13
some of them are VERY spendy, I would not suggest ALO yes the cables they make are top of the line but its like $300+

Feb 10, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 13
I really wish the D7000 was single entry. That stock cable loves to twist...

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #12 of 13
If you don't want to put new cables on yourself then I suggest you get them replaced by someone who will just put in new cables similar to the original ones in the headphones.

That is probably not a very big job and should not be very expensive.

Avoid people who want to put in magic cables and charge high prices for these. Magic cables are the ones that come with all kinds of ridiculous claims about how they will "improve the sound" in some way.

These magic cables will not perform better than competently installed regular "honest" cables.

Feb 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
If you don't want to put new cables on yourself then I suggest you get them replaced by someone who will just put in new cables similar to the original ones in the headphones.

That is probably not a very big job and should not be very expensive.

Avoid people who want to put in magic cables and charge high prices for these. Magic cables are the ones that come with all kinds of ridiculous claims about how they will "improve the sound" in some way.

These magic cables will not perform better than competently installed regular "honest" cables.

BUT BUT BUT 16X BRAID PURE SILVER ALO CABLES MUST IMPROVE THE SOUND!!!!!!!!!!
in all seriousness the 4x silver thing is said to improve sound a bit not like night and day difference but a little more clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back