Denon AH-7200
Mar 1, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #616 of 3,155
  Nothing on market has both the excellent passive isolation and sound quality I'm after. Headphones such as PM-3 and SRH1540 (as examples) could stay reasonably priced (value for discerning headphone buyers not wanting to spend >$700) while providing better isolation in an increasingly noisy world as well as having improved sound quality. Yet seems market focus these days is headed more toward universally exaggerated bass response and/or cans which are wireless. Only my opinion of course.

that's when iem/ciem comes in handy.but the pricing kinda sucks

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #619 of 3,155
I could never wear iems till I went down the custom route (Still prefer headphones) But for great isolation my Unique Melody Miracle ciems take some beating.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #621 of 3,155

Check inside the top of the box. There should be a small paperboard envelope containing the cloth.

Mine was actually not included in the box and I turned it every which way from Sunday checking for the envelope--but the outstandingly good folks at Audio Sanctuary are mailing me out another set of papers and cloth to complete my purchase (now THAT's service).

I was more interested in having all swag included for resale value, but is the cleaning cloth anything special per se?

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #624 of 3,155
Check out the new mrspeakers aeon. Closed planar. $700

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not meaning to sound confrontational, but if you read my previous posts you'd know I owned Ether C's. If Ether C did not have good enough passive isolation for me, Aeon certainly wouldn't given early reviews of Aeon state Ether C has better isolation.

Fair point. Good to know.
I have not owned any Mrspeakers HPs.
I just got these denons and like them and considering to try the Aeons as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #625 of 3,155

Mine was actually not included in the box and I turned it every which way from Sunday checking for the envelope--but the outstandingly good folks at Audio Sanctuary are mailing me out another set of papers and cloth to complete my purchase (now THAT's service).

I was more interested in having all swag included for resale value, but is the cleaning cloth anything special per se?

Yes, mine were also purchased from Audio Sanctuary and I can attest that they provide first-rate customer service.

I haven't used the cloth, but it may well be treated with some agent that gives it an advantage over generic cloth. If it were to get lost, I wouldn't feel a particular need to replace it, however.

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #626 of 3,155
Yes, mine were also purchased from Audio Sanctuary and I can attest that they provide first-rate customer service.

I haven't used the cloth, but it may well be treated with some agent that gives it an advantage over generic cloth. If it were to get lost, I wouldn't feel a particular need to replace it, however.

Another very happy purchaser here from Audio Sanctuary. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger, too. The price was fantastic compared to what it will retail for here in America soon.

These are so good they've cured my upgradeitis. It's the first time in years where I don't have an itch to try any other headphones. I'm even using these to watch Netflix. I hope they start to get the love they deserve soon.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #627 of 3,155
Quote:
Another very happy purchaser here from Audio Sanctuary. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger, too. The price was fantastic compared to what it will retail for here in America soon.

These are so good they've cured my upgradeitis. It's the first time in years where I don't have an itch to try any other headphones. I'm even using these to watch Netflix. I hope they start to get the love they deserve soon.

Nice to hear you're enjoying them so much. I haven't had ANY time to continue auditioning them since my initial unboxing impressions. But if nothing else, it sounds like Audio Sanctuary definitely gets the trophy for most positive karma in a Head-Fi post! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. I knew I probably wasn't missing much with the Denon cleaning cloth--but still, for flagship $$s, I at least expected the package to be complete!

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #628 of 3,155
  Noise, congestion and loss of community quiet spaces is increasing like no time I've ever experienced. More loud motorbikes, more loud trucks, more bleeping digital device noises even in spaces once upon a time relatively quiet like libraries. Back to headphones :) Nothing currently on market has both the excellent passive isolation and sound quality I'm after. Headphones such as PM-3 and SRH1540 (as examples) could stay competitively priced while providing updated sound signatures and improved passive isolation for use in our increasingly noisy environments at and away from home. We are all at different places in life. These days I'd rather pay $500-$600 for headphone that gets eighty-five/ninety percent of sound quality of high cost cans and use savings for other needs. 

The 1540s don't reach your expectations, SQ-wise? They're my main cans! And actually, the main reason I've not moved up the price bracket yet (apart from having to choose between motorcycles and headphones for the sake of my relationship), is that I've not found anything that is closed, as easily driven, passively isolates as well as, and is as comfortable as the Shures.

I've only just discovered the existence of the 7200, though. How much experience do you have with the 1540s? Enough to give an opinion on the difference in SQ between them and the Denons?!

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #629 of 3,155
The 1540s don't reach your expectations, SQ-wise? They're my main cans! And actually, the main reason I've not moved up the price bracket yet (apart from having to choose between motorcycles and headphones for the sake of my relationship), is that I've not found anything that is closed, as easily driven, passively isolates as well as, and is as comfortable as the Shures.

I've only just discovered the existence of the 7200, though. How much experience do you have with the 1540s? Enough to give an opinion on the difference in SQ between them and the Denons?!

I own both. I can give you my comparison if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back