Denon AH-7200
Dec 17, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #106 of 3,155
Sorry, didn't mean for that to be offensive.  It's just that I thought that what I posted earlier was enough to be conclusive evidence that the D7200 was OEM'd by Fostex.  Anyways, we'll see just how well this can performs when it gets into the hands of some capable reviews (fingers crossed).

Just send me a pair I'll get them measured and compared to a th610, th900, thx00, d2k, emu teak

:D

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #107 of 3,155
Hello,

I am new here but I need some help.

I wanted to buy the Astell&Kern AK t5p (Beyerdynamic) for their overall quality. But now I see the new Denon AH-D7200.
It looks good but for the reviews we will have to wait...

The question now is ... Do I wait for the Denon reviews etc...  or is the AK t5p better anyway?
If the Denon is comparable with the Fostex TH900, I won't hesitate and buy the Denon but for that answer we have to wait...

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #108 of 3,155
  Hello,

I am new here but I need some help.

I wanted to buy the Astell&Kern AK t5p (Beyerdynamic) for their overall quality. But now I see the new Denon AH-D7200.
It looks good but for the reviews we will have to wait...

The question now is ... Do I wait for the Denon reviews etc...  or is the AK t5p better anyway?
If the Denon is comparable with the Fostex TH900, I won't hesitate and buy the Denon but for that answer we have to wait...

Well, what do you need?  If you need any isolation or portability, get the T5p.  The Denon D7200 will be semi-open and thus have poor isolation and leak sound.

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #110 of 3,155
  AH oke, I thought that the Denon was a closed model. I need a closed one with good isolation.
So the Denon is a no go for me :frowning2:

All of the Fostex TH-XXX series and variants of them such as the Denon D-X000 series are semi open.

Dec 20, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #111 of 3,155
  Well, what do you need?  If you need any isolation or portability, get the T5p.  The Denon D7200 will be semi-open and thus have poor isolation and leak sound.

the Denon/Foster series don't really leak sound to any significant level.  You can play them roughly 95dB (hearing damaging levels) and somebody 4 feet away from you in a quiet office won't hear them. 

They don't block out much outside noise though, that's true enough.

Also, it isn't confirmed 100% one way or the other if these will be sealed or vented.  I think they're probably vented, but we won't know for sure until a production model hits real reviewers.

semi-open certainly isn't the correct category for them, this has lead to a lot of confusion over the years.  They're closed but vented.  It's very different from what people normally think of as "semi-open" ala the DT880.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #112 of 3,155
Oke, I Will keep the Denon in mind. If it isn't completely semi or fully open it is still oke for me.

Hopefully some reviews will follow so I can compare them against the beyerdynamic.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #113 of 3,155
Oke, I Will keep the Denon in mind. If it isn't completely semi or fully open it is still oke for me.

Hopefully some reviews will follow so I can compare them against the beyerdynamic.

It doesn't isolate, and it's not very portable.  They are not built for on the go usage, if that's what you're trying to do.  I would highly advise against doing so.  The TH-600s let in almost as much sound as my Beyerdynamic T1s, to put that into perspective.  Anyways, they're considered semi open precisely due to the venting.  They're not fully closed, but they're not fully open.  They may lean more to closed headphones than something like the DT880, but they're still semi open.

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #114 of 3,155
Thanks for the info.
I got some info from suppliers and Denon.
Some say the design will be very close to the Fostex TH600-610.
Denon just says it will be a closed design and have to wait for further info.

But I am afraid it has minor isolation :frowning2:

So, we can only wait for some real reviews...

But I think I stick with the Astell&Kern t5p (good lows, closed...) unless someone has  a better tip.
It is specially for electro, wave, rock,...

grts

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #115 of 3,155
Go and get yoursel a pair of th610s... You won't regret it :wink:

Enviado desde mi H1

Dec 23, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #116 of 3,155
Go and get yoursel a pair of th610s... You won't regret it
wink.gif

Enviado desde mi H1

No.  He explicitly stated that he needed isolation.
 I need a closed one with good isolation.

Don't just go around recommending whatever can just because you like it.  At least check if it best fits their needs first.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #117 of 3,155
My Denon AH-D2000 aren't that bad at all for isolation. Sure they are not meant for use a in a vocal booth (where soundleakage can ruin a recording), but they do what they are meant to, which is to close out the outside world, and not bother others around.

I've had a number of open sets, and the amount of sound leaked in and out an HD650 is vastly different than comparing it to a closed design like the Denon.

Depending on what someone defines as 'good isolation' I would recommend the Denon, and by that measure the Fostex and E-mu series - if they perform similarly.

Now for sealed closed isolation. My MDR-7520 do quite well.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #118 of 3,155
Dec 24, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #119 of 3,155
Go and get yoursel a pair of th610s... You won't regret it
wink.gif

Enviado desde mi H1

No.  He explicitly stated that he needed isolation.
 I need a closed one with good isolation.

Don't just go around recommending whatever can just because you like it.  At least check if it best fits their needs first.

Well... As a matter of fact I did recommend these cans to the mate since I do believe they isolate enough from/to outside, for me at least :wink: and the music genres he uses to listen at go at a 100% with these TH610. I also have the D7000s and those cannot be described, at least -again- from my experience as sealing closed ones.

From my experience I grant the TH610s as closed ones, but of course YMMV indeed :wink:

If you're into electronic music as I am (deep house, trance) with these Fostexs but need a better sealing option, the Senn hd25s could be something to think about.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back