Denon 1100 best bargin?
Sep 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

roker

Headphoneus Supremus
I think so. It has a premium sound and requires NO amp. How can that be beat? It has a very full size sound to it.

Now, they don't sound like the refined full sized big boys, but as a potable it has a meaty, fun BUT clear sound.

Cons:

Not for vocals or bass light recordings. Some rock sounds good, but it definitely performs better with pop, rap, post punk, new wave, neo wave. I'm sure dubstep guys love this stuff.

Personally been listening to depeche mode and Duran Duran and tears for fears. Loving it.

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 7
I ended up picking the HFI 780s over the D1100 (looking for a portable headphone) and loved them. Loved them so much I bought the Pro 900 which are now used more than my Denon D5000. I got the HFI 780 for $118 used. I'm not sure what the "technical" better headphone is but I definitely prefer the 780s to the D1100s. What do you have to say about Ultrasone in general?

Jun 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 7
Oh lord, barely had it past a year and it's cracking like crazy at the same spot on the plastic that holds the cups.

Ugh, now I wish I didn't buy them.  I haven't put them on in a long while.  Is there anything I can do?  Does Denon offer replacement parts?

this sucks

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #6 of 7
Does anything from Denon's new lineup compare to the sound? I like using my Bose AE2s to run with but I bet Denon's would have better sound quality. From what is sounds like, I'm guessing the Bose are much more durable than the D1100s.

Jun 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Does anything from Denon's new lineup compare to the sound? I like using my Bose AE2s to run with but I bet Denon's would have better sound quality. From what is sounds like, I'm guessing the Bose are much more durable than the D1100s.

considering mine cracked at a stress point, I think it's safe to say the D1100s were not designed with durablilty in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back