1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DENAFRIPS Terminator: the King of R2R dac

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by krell1967, May 27, 2017.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. S Crowther
    Don't feel confident to open up the top of my Terminator.
    Prefer to wait for reviews: will it sound better than using HQ Player? Are there any other benefits? What is the point of dual AES?

2. Thenewguy007
    The 1024 DSD upgrade can also be upsampled with HQ player. You can now upsample with the 512 or 1024 filters on HQplayer, assuming you have a monster CPU to do it.

As for dual AES, the only other company I know that uses it is dCS. They claimed that using two AES cables in conjunction increase sound quality.

3. johnzz4
    Hi Alvin - does OS mode oversample to a higher sampling rate now or still 352/384 kHz? Also, any difference in sound for those of us just streaming Tidal? Thanks!

4. alvin1118
    Hello guys,

I'm overwhelmed. Trying my best to keep my head above water upload_2019-6-1_23-9-39.gif

1. Yes, the new DSP board come with Proprietary USB Audio Solution via STM32F446 Advanced AMR Based MCU. It comes with licensed Thesycon Windows USB Audio Driver

2. Pops/Clicks while changing the sampling rate is gone. It's solved.

3. Endurance time of the capacitors is usually 15yrs approximately, depending on usage. T

4. PCM playback in OS mode upsampled internally to highest sampling rate, i.e. 1.536MHz.

5. DSP board for Pontus & Venus forthcoming. We're planning by Q4 this year.

Now, here's the interesting part. Screenshots of Audio Precision measurement of PCM1536, DSD1024, upsampled via HQPlayer:

PCM1536
    [​IMG]

DSD1024 (48kHz x1024 = 49,152‬MHz)
    [​IMG]

Enjoy the music!

Cheers,
    Alvin
    Vinshine Audio

rafabro, Thenewguy007 and Monsterzero like this.
  5. WilliamWykeham
    Is anyone able to explain what these screenshots mean for us nontechnical people?

6. Sage Encore
    I really like the honesty with Alvin and the guys at Denafrips. In a cut throat world they are definitely a welcome addition, unlike some sellers of audio gear who would love to make money at every opportunity. Rock on guys. All the best.

7. S Crowther
    For me there is really only one question: will the new DSP module make my Terminator sound better?

Sage Encore likes this.
  8. audiobill
    I recall seeing that Mike Powell had previously assumed US distribution and factory authorized service for DENAFRIPS, but I don't see him listed on the DENAFRIPS website. Has that arrangement changed? TIA

9. alvin1118
    Hello @audiobill

Mike Powell Audio no longer represent our products in the US. Mike decided to focus on building his cable business.

Best,
    Alvin
    Vinshine Audio

10. Monsterzero
    So whats the situation like if one needs to get a Terminator repaired? Ship back to Asia?

11. Thenewguy007
    Well, on one hand I've never seen or heard anyone having problems with their DAC to need to have it sent for repairs in all the years its been out.

12. divertiti
    On the other hand, "all the years it's been out" for the Terminator is only 2. No product, especially electronic product has 100% reliability, let alone over any meaningful amount of time. Needing service and support is not a matter of if, it's only a matter of when.

Elber and Monsterzero like this.
  13. zeid2
    I have never ever needed service for a DAC. Several dozens of them went through my hands in the last 25 years. CD players were a different story but problems were almost exclusively related to the transport.

14. divertiti
    And all my life I have never needed knee surgery despite walking millions of steps, so clearly no one else would need knee surgery ever. Maybe orthopedic surgeons shouldn't even be a profession...or maybe making conclusions based on anecdotal sample space of 1 is not the best idea.

15. MeetYourMaker
    Deleted. Bad question. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29
Next

Last