Denafrips 'Pontus' R2R ladder DAC - close up view
Dec 4, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #92 of 1,799
Right, thanks for correction. It looks like Denafrips do not use DSD detect signal, so default configuration (all switches off) should work. As it doesn't (and problem is only with DSD files), there is a problem with firmware on Pontus that autodetection do not work. I can't exclude Singxer, firmware also matter, it is why I asked a question: Do you transfer DoP or a native DSD?

Found a comparison table on google drive: URL=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h5PMUBkldkpt1rCnAR4ZHYGZNeCe-vwIFyKWYMZWsX0/htmlview#

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #95 of 1,799
For Christmas I just put my pre order in for the next run of Pontus. So the wait begins...Anyone else patiently waiting? 🥸
I am selling one if you are interested in used....

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #97 of 1,799
Sure. Why the sale? What‘s the used market for old gen Pontus? Your ask?
Hi, I want to move to the bigger model called Terminator. I have had it for a shot time so I have no idea what the market could be, however with a good price - its an attractive option.

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #98 of 1,799
Hi, I want to move to the bigger model called Terminator. I have had it for a shot time so I have no idea what the market could be, however with a good price - its an attractive option.
So the Pontus shipped with new DSP board now included is $1729. One just sold on the site for $1399 i think? Not sure if it had the new board $300 or not?

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #99 of 1,799
So the Pontus shipped with new DSP board now included is $1729. One just sold on the site for $1399 i think? Not sure if it had the new board $300 or not?
Mine sold right away in eBay. So, I guess there is a market.
Enjoy yours when you get it.
Regards

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #101 of 1,799
When do you get your Terminator, very pricey buy still good value compared to the performance it brings? I just won’t spend that kind of money on a box that might become outperformed for less money or obsolete if a new conversation becomes available. Even my $1700 is not chicken scratch but the performance levels at the moment right now are my stretching point for audiophile crazy! 😜

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #102 of 1,799
You are smart.... I am nuts! :headphones:

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #103 of 1,799
My Pontus II arrived yesterday. Bullet proof packaging from China. Lifting it out, the Pontus II I just couldn't believe how heavy this unit is! It feels like it was carved out of a solid block of aluminum. The laser embossed name on top looks elegant, the front plate is perfect as well as all corners and seams are gap less. But the cone footers are a thing of real beauty to look at, much different from what is seen on the website. The silver finish I ended up going with looks twice as good as it should for the cost of purchase. The backside looks as it does on the website with every connection you might ever need. All connectors are of quality and spaced well enough to accommodate any hoses you wish to use.

How does it sound? That to come after an initial set up and a few weeks break-in.

Side by side, this thing looks the business and I’m thinking at this price point will make others in that range look not so great! Considerations of labor costs and dealer markups are going to be a tough road in the future of audio manufacturers if this direct business practice model takes hold, so beware. 🎧

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #104 of 1,799
Ordered one just recently, Pairing it with a Pendant and ZMF Verite Opens / HD800S... pretty excited! it will be my first DAC that'll be in the 1.5K$+ range (coming from a Topping D50)
Ordered one just recently, Pairing it with a Pendant and ZMF Verite Opens / HD800S... pretty excited! it will be my first DAC that'll be in the 1.5K$+ range (coming from a Topping D50)

HELLO,
Hello,
I have alsou Pontus and I order ZMS vérité closed.And I have Schiit Magni headphone amp.
I appreciate your experience with your gears.
And what about synergy Pontus vs Pendant?And what about cabel,did you upgrade?
Do you have any recommendations recommendations about amp or headphone amp?

Thanks a lot Michal

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #105 of 1,799
My Pontus II arrived yesterday. Bullet proof packaging from China. Lifting it out, the Pontus II I just couldn't believe how heavy this unit is! It feels like it was carved out of a solid block of aluminum. The laser embossed name on top looks elegant, the front plate is perfect as well as all corners and seams are gap less. But the cone footers are a thing of real beauty to look at, much different from what is seen on the website. The silver finish I ended up going with looks twice as good as it should for the cost of purchase. The backside looks as it does on the website with every connection you might ever need. All connectors are of quality and spaced well enough to accommodate any hoses you wish to use.

How does it sound? That to come after an initial set up and a few weeks break-in.

Side by side, this thing looks the business and I’m thinking at this price point will make others in that range look not so great! Considerations of labor costs and dealer markups are going to be a tough road in the future of audio manufacturers if this direct business practice model takes hold, so beware. 🎧

How does It sound?
Would you please do a brief review and comparison with your previous devices

Users who are viewing this thread

Back