Denafrips, NOS, and the Black hole information paradox
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alphaman

Formerly known as headfone
Hi folks!
How youz allz doin' taday? Swell? Well that's just gurrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaate!
Okay ... so a lotta folks 'plained 'bouts me 'titude in the main Denafrips Ares thread. Several posts wur removed by H-F Mods and me postin' priv's to that thar thread 'pended till Apr. 29.
I fully support dat & any 'cision madez by da Modz.
I got me a Tweetstrom from fanboyz of moi H-F lectures, wonderin' where me posts had poofed to. No clue (I do have HTML and screen capture records of EVERY H-F post/thread I've been involved with, and those are uploaded to my sites.google.com page. So the education continues despite this new "COVID lockdown")

Anywayz, I wuz really onto some scientific insight in dat thread (search for my posts there) and want to continue in the H-F 'Sound Science' sub-forum. [I don't think the students in that thread have taken all the prerequisites for this new course, but we'll see.]

Yes, I do own a Denafrips Ares 2 -- as i noted and discussed at length here at H-F, in the tda1387 thread.

Here is that same pic o' me Ares deux wit me other dac-o-jour:

IMG-0401.jpg

Okay, class, so onto the titular subject.
First, some light reading homework:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_information_paradox

Okay, read and absorbed that? Swell!!

Now the pop quiz, class:

What do the "Black hole information paradox" and my mod-deleted posts in the https://www.head-fi.org/threads/denafrips-ares-r2r-discrete-ladder-dac-close-up-view.833690 discussion thread have to do with each other?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 7
I have no idea what you're talking about, but the way you're saying it is amusing.

Apr 27, 2022 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 7
I have no idea what you're talking about, but the way you're saying it is amusing.
Why even waste this thread's server space with a post like yours? Consider deleting it!

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #4 of 7
I give you three stars out of five

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #5 of 7
What do the "Black hole information paradox" and my mod-deleted posts in the https://www.head-fi.org/threads/denafrips-ares-r2r-discrete-ladder-dac-close-up-view.833690 discussion thread have to do with each other?
Gerald Broflovski: Damn it! ... He's using the Chewbacca defense!
Cochran: Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 7
As we don’t know what was in your deleted posts, then obviously we can’t say for sure what they have to do with each other.

However, there is a direct connection between the “black hole information paradox” and consumer digital audio devices. In 1948 Claude Shannon published a paper titled “A Mathematical Theory of Communications” - This paper provided the equations which proved Nyquist’s (et al) theory, published in 1927, that effectively ALL the information in a band limited waveform can be captured perfectly. This is now known as the Nyquist-Shannon Sampling Theorem, from which the practical application of digital audio was developed. However, digital audio is just one of the developments from those equations, they also provide the basis for “Information Entropy” and the field now known as “Information Theory”, which in turn affects numerous fields from neurobiology to intelligence gathering and the study of black holes. In the 1970’s Stephen Hawking (et al) theorised that black holes “evaporate” by emitting “Hawking Radiation” but it appears to violate the principles of Information Theory, the paradox you quoted. Theoretical physicists are still currently working to solve this paradox.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back