DENAFRIPS FPGA Firmware Update (12TH Anniv.)
Jun 21, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #1,216 of 1,231
"tax / import laws" have nothing to do with the price increase because both didn't change.

If the product is sold by a local dealer (inside EU), then a web order law applies in EU which requires a full refund of 14 days after delivery date if not satisfied for any raison.
Of course, imported products from out of EU have not to respect this law and this has an impact on local dealer money investisment... (Dealers need bigger price margin)
And then... for those who bought D. with the three-year guarantee, this is in force even if now D. (manufacturer) had (?) reduced it to just one year... It will be interesting to understand how everything will work with old customers . It is the litmus test of the seriousness of a company. Understand if D. has become a "disposable company" and adjust accordingly

Jun 21, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #1,218 of 1,231
Hi!

Prices are changing again.
See here under denafrips.eu (Pontus 15th at €1100 now !)
https://www.denafrips.eu/product-page/denafrips-pontus-15th-r-2r-dac
haha, that's now a pure chaos :). But a good answer to all our crying because of high prices.. If I had free 1k I'd order it for fun, maybe they will really sell it for that price. Pontus 15th for 1100 and Pontus 12th for 1960... Seems like somebody will have a problem.

..but then who is denafrips.eu? They have no real person contact, no address, no phone. Just some web page form. That’s for sure not Alvin’s level of trust :)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,219 of 1,231
Jun 21, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,220 of 1,231
And then... for those who bought D. with the three-year guarantee, this is in force even if now D. (manufacturer) had (?) reduced it to just one year... It will be interesting to understand how everything will work with old customers . It is the litmus test of the seriousness of a company. Understand if D. has become a "disposable company" and adjust accordingly
Without Alvin and his service they are showing they are only in the game to sell, and not to service after the sale.

Jun 21, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,222 of 1,231
What is Pontus 15? º_.
the new look of the D Dac family……Pontus- Pontus2- Pontus 12h - Pontus 12th -1. - Pontus 15th…….. etc…The same for Terminator, and Ares/Enyo.. now in 15th edition……..And (maybe but maybe not) for Venus and Tplus…..Marketing? who knows? It doesn't matter much. What interests us consumers is that Alvin no longer represents D. If this is true, it is not good news... the added value of D is lost (imho)

Jun 21, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #1,223 of 1,231
Without Alvin and his service they are showing they are only in the game to sell, and not to service after the sale.
And you base that on what fact(s)?

BTW, my terms of sale has me at 36-month warranty as I got my gear "before" the wholesale changes.

Jun 21, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #1,225 of 1,231
haha, that's now a pure chaos :). But a good answer to all our crying because of high prices.. If I had free 1k I'd order it for fun, maybe they will really sell it for that price. Pontus 15th for 1100 and Pontus 12th for 1960... Seems like somebody will have a problem.

..but then who is denafrips.eu? They have no real person contact, no address, no phone. Just some web page form. That’s for sure not Alvin’s level of trust :)

They have a shop, it is an EU dealer (KVSAudio.com) and they open denafrips.eu working in partenariat with Winshine and Denafrips from what I know !
It looks like EU import goes through https://audiophoria.eu/product-category/dac/ And here, the Terminator 15th is at a lower price than the Terminator 12th edition !

note: Waranty duration didn't change, it is 36 months

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #1,226 of 1,231
They have a shop, it is an EU dealer (KVSAudio.com) and they open denafrips.eu working in partenariat with Winshine and Denafrips from what I know !
It looks like EU import goes through https://audiophoria.eu/product-category/dac/ And here, the Terminator 15th is at a lower price than the Terminator 12th edition !

note: Waranty duration didn't change, it is 36 months
Thanks for the info.

Nevertheless, the confusion remains. "Pontus 15th" prices:
- denafrips.eu 1100 Eur incl. VAT
- audiophoria.eu 1690 Eur excl VAT, so about 2030 Eur incl. VAT
- audiophonics.fr 2390 Eur incl VAT

Who can make a sense out of this... And also, the previous version was called "Pontus II 12th-1", now it is "Pontus 15th", as if they created the 15th revision from the original Pontus :). That's probably not the case since I can see the bottom of the chassis clearly looks like an iteration based on Pontus II. But it's just a mess.

Maybe an opportunity for some lucky ones if they order and will actually get the most advanced version of Pontus II, which hopefully the Pontus 15th is, for as low as 1100 Eur.

In my eyes, this puts Denafrips in some weird light.. so to speak.

Jun 21, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,229 of 1,231
Jun 22, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #1,230 of 1,231
I hadn't seen Ares 15th (In the URL it says 12th)

https://www.denafrips.com/product-page/denafrips-ares-12th-1-r-2r-dac

The description and specifications texts are the same as for the Enyo 15TH. In an email Denafrips responded to me:

The Enyo 15th and Ares 15th are two completely different. The Ares 15th is a newly designed product that has achieved a significant improvement in sound quality, even reaching the level of PONTUS 12TH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back