Deleted
May 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #2 of 6
Back in the 80s & 90s, I was an aero engineer primarily working on large engineering flight simulators - including for the F117, F22 and various missiles and drones. I have hundreds of hours in a cockpit - but zero in the air!! :p

May 15, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Currently an Avionics Systems Engineer. I did Ground School a number of years ago but never had any desire to go any farther with it.

Audio is more fun....and probably a cheaper hobby unless you have a 6 figure system.

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 6
  Hey guys, 

I'm kind of surprised I couldn't find a thread about aviation on here, as it seems like these two hobbies would go together quite well, but are there any pilots on here?

A bit of a different direction, but any flight simmers either? I'm quite a big hobbyist of both the real thing and simulation. I'm curious to see if there are any other aviation guys on here.

I've played Flight Simulator X quite a lot, and have finished about 20 of the missions. Also, I've played a little of X-Plane, which is supposed to be more realistic than Flight Simulator (as it uses an aerodynamic model called "blade element theory"), and real pilots use it. Microsoft apparently isn't going to make any more real Flight Simulator games, so X-Plane will probably take over completely from it at some stage.

Jun 15, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #6 of 6
Until you feel your orifices pucker due to real turbulence and wind shear, you ain't a real pilot. And yes, I use that criteria for myself too. I ain't a real pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back