deleted
May 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 14
Do you have a good seal?

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 14
I own them, you need longtime to brun them and you need very good sound quality file , i only listen losslesss files such FLAC or even dsd (dff). But they Lack of bass its their main weak point especially if you try to drive them with your mobile phone. On my iphone 4 its useless, but on my laptop i get quite nice sound.

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #6 of 14
I own them, you need longtime to brun them and you need very good sound quality file , i only listen losslesss files such FLAC or even dsd (dff). But they Lack of bass its their main weak point especially if you try to drive them with your mobile phone. On my iphone 4 its useless, but on my laptop i get quite nice sound.

I absolutely agree you on the long burn-in time. Don't give up on these. Give it some time and you will be richly rewarded. Pair it with a great amp like iFi Micro iDSD and you will find this combination hard to beat. I just listened to a well burn-in pair yesterday and I was astonished at how musical it sounded. In fact, it was just best by its bigger and much more expensive brother - AKG K812 in terms of bass and control.

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 14
It may sounds funny, but every, even high end headphone I've listened to here in czech republic sounds like 10 dollar crappy headphone. I will probably write some thread about it.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 14

I tried it then with the Fiio E9, but thats not listenable at all, one channel has reversed phase.
Somewhere on headfi I read about missing frequencies when it is plugged into something different than iphone, but others said thats not true.

I have no idea what exactly you read, what it actually meant nor how you might have taken it, but that isn't likely. The iPhone is a good source, and the input on amps will not cause any problems unless there is something very wrong with the output stage of whatever is feeding it. In this case I don't think the impedance will make for any issues  - if they'd tweak it to make it specifically for a general use iOS device it would at most be on the E9i's dock, not all the inputs on the back. Basically, any source with the proper hardware can produce a louder and equally flat (if not flatter) signal than an iPhone.

Quote:

Even if the frequencies would be missing, I think the sound wouldn't be as rich, but still fast, but it's not...

If by "rich" you are referring to the kind of midrange bloom that audiophiles love, then you won't find it on AKGs (and to a lesser extent, Sony), in the sense that audiophiles who do like that kind of sound too much aren't necessarily in agreement with what others understand about what Hi-Fi means. If the voices sound sweet, it should be the vocalist's sound, not because somebody used a system with high levels of euphonic distortion, most commonly with tube amps that sound typically as tubes are expected to sound as per audiophiles. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #9 of 14

I absolutely agree you on the long burn-in time. Don't give up on these. Give it some time and you will be richly rewarded. Pair it with a great amp like iFi Micro iDSD and you will find this combination hard to beat. I just listened to a well burn-in pair yesterday and I was astonished at how musical it sounded. In fact, it was just best by its bigger and much more expensive brother - AKG K812 in terms of bass and control.

I disagree completely.  The OP says he hears "no soundstage, no detail, anything."  If that's the case, he either has defective headphones or a set that he thoroughly hates.  In either case he should give up on them immediately and ideally get his money back.  I personally love these headphones but the burn in isn't going to make a miracle, and there are tons of headphones out there that OP might very well love right out of the box.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #10 of 14
I meant that even if the frequency response was somehow horribly equalized, the actual quality of the sound was very very bad, like a 50 dollar headphones or something. And if I remember, there was no difference, no matter where it was plugged in. I sent them back after a few days of course.

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 14
  I meant that even if the frequency response was somehow horribly equalized, the actual quality of the sound was very very bad, like a 50 dollar headphones or something. And if I remember, there was no difference, no matter where it was plugged in. I sent them back after a few days of course.

you listened to them before buying?... maybe, just maybe the sound signature was not for you?... only listened to k550, and it was that good. amazing. maybe, you want something different, like ultrasone or sennheiser hd 4XX series?... they are quite good at soundstage and detail revealing, and can be driven out of a normal source. I would recommend a better source, like a good DAC or DAP.

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Maybe they're fake, the K550 I own has a massive soundstage, even with 0 burn in.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #13 of 14
They were probably fake. The weird thing tho is that they had their signature, the sound was very flat, bass went very low and the peak/sparkle in the highs, but the sound was lacking any kind of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back