delete
Oct 8, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 29
Have you ever tried on a pair of IEMs before? Some people may find them a tad too uncomfortable for their tastes. But if you want to get a great pair of IEMs, then the Shure E500/SE530 can't be beat at that price.

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 29
Yeah, get some livewires and let us know how they sound!
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #7 of 29
If you are sure that IEM's are right for you, I suggest the Shure e500/530 (same IEM) - especially if you like bass. If you are not sure, you may also want to spend your $300 on a decent portable amp and some Yuin PK1 earbuds. I have both and prefer the PK1's unless I need the sound isolation.

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 29
Shure E500/SE530. I'd be wary of Livewires if you are not US based, given a head-fi'er's recent customer service experience.

If you can wait, I'd add few more dollars and get the Westone 3's By all accounts, it seems to be shaping up to be the ultimate IEM's.

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by indigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure E500/SE530. I'd be wary of Livewires if you are not US based, given a head-fi'er's recent customer service experience.

Wasn't that purely a mail problem, plus the customer threatening EarPeace Tech? And I think that customer even got a refund...

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't that purely a mail problem, plus the customer threatening EarPeace Tech? And I think that customer even got a refund...

Nah. My understanding was that customer ordered Livewires 1st July, sent his impressions mid July with payment/ instructions to ship prority/ insured. He heard nothing till mid August when Livewires informed him they shipped beginning August, normal mail no insurance. They did not give him any notice of shipping, according to him.

They did not reply to his queries why instructions were not followed, as his phones did not arrive.

This escalated until he finally got an extremely rude and insulting email from John Diles of Livewires, asking him to "go away" and promising a refund. This was dated 5th september.

You can read the sordid details here, including that example of what a customer service letter should never sound like:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...19#post3340319

To date, he has still not received his refund, and Livewires have not replied in these forums or to him.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=264741

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 29
Maybe it's a different that Xenu and I are thinking of, but that guy was being a pure d**k to John at LiveWires after John tried to sort things out with him. It was most likely a mail problem, and threatening is never the key, not to mention how immature of a gesture that is.

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe it's a different that Xenu and I are thinking of, but that guy was being a pure d**k to John at LiveWires after John tried to sort things out with him. It was most likely a mail problem, and threatening is never the key, not to mention how immature of a gesture that is.

You're probably right, it's most likely a different case. The thing that gets me about this case is the letter that was sent by John Diles to this customer. "Go away" and "poorly written ramblings" when it's fairly obvious the customer's first language is not English. And still no refund after more than a month?

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only them 2 only know what really went on.

We need jon to give his side of the story?

I totally agree. Still a shocking customer service letter, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back