Dekoni Fidelio X2 Choice Pads!
Mar 12, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #31 of 68
And they were good for redacting confidential documents.

You into the SCP Foundation at all? If so then [DATA EXPUNGED] and also :black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square: because those earpads are [REDACTED].

Mar 12, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 68
You into the SCP Foundation at all? If so then [DATA EXPUNGED] and also :black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square: because those earpads are [REDACTED].
As Zeos says, "Fricc you, Philips." Must have been Euclid class.

Did you ever try the original (non HR) version of the X2? They were so comfy! Even better than suede, I kid you not.

Mar 13, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #33 of 68
As Zeos says, "Fricc you, Philips." Must have been Euclid class.

Did you ever try the original (non HR) version of the X2? They were so comfy! Even better than suede, I kid you not.

Hmmmm no I didn't, I only have experience with the X2HR. I kinda wish I had access to a mint-condition set of those old earpads for whenever these current ones wear out! I don't know what I'm going to do once these earpads wear out.

And psh, Euclid class? That just applies to the earpads and only on the GOOD units. The previous two X2HR's I got both had audible channel-imbalance (like, really audible, it was super-obnoxious and ruined their imaging) and driver-rattle/buzz (I had to go through three units to get a good one, those infamous Philips quality-control issues and all) so those were definitely Keter-class entities. Those abominations had to be sent back to The FoundationAmazon for containment. Lol. I mean aside from the issues I was able to name, they also had issues with [DATA EXPUNGED]. What happened was [REDACTED] and then :black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square: which nearly resulted in a MK-Class reality-restructuring scenario, it was pretty bad. The damn things had Hume-levels measured in the high hundreds according to Kant counters and raised countless alarms for memetic hazards. The Foundation Mobile Task ForceCustomer Service Reps who responded to my issues had to use Scranton Reality Anchors and send out Dr. Clef to neutralize those anomalous headphones. They also had to give me an antimemetic inoculation to counteract the infohazardous effects of hearing music sound so crappy.

I wonder if anyone besides us two will understand these jokes/references :smirk::sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 68
Sorry I didn't reply before. I don't go on Head-Fi much these days!

I got the earpads! The suede ones are actually fantastic in every way! They lock onto the headphones just like the original earpads, nice and simple! And they are super comfortable. Plenty of room for your ears, and extremely soft foam. It's not like Brainwavz pads, which were either so wide that the headphones slid all over the place on my head, or so narrow that my ears touched the top and bottom of the pads. It's a Goldilocks kind of situation, where these are just right.

So, the sound..surprisingly good! They're a bit temperamental with positioning on the head. Once in the right spot, the mids and treble are nicely intact! Treble is quite a bit subdued, with everything leaning more towards a warm, fuller sound. The lower mids and bass are much more emphasized. It's pretty much how they show on their frequency response graph. They're not nearly as dark sounding as the Brainwavz pads, but still quite different than the stock pads. They make the X2 sound like a decent closed-back headphone, ironically. If you want to tame the treble, while getting more bass and comfort out of your X2, this is the way to go.

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #35 of 68
256DA5C9-E002-4240-ACC6-20B9BC9E2B79.jpeg

Bumping for a friend, we just got another batch of Fidelio X2 (and X2HR, X3) Choice pads back in stock! Direct link here, also coming to our fine dealers and allies in the sublime:
https://dekoniaudio.com/filter/?product_cat=x2

We’ve seen a request for Velour... show of hands (or likes?), who wants it? Share the thread to get more votes in!

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Apr 7, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #37 of 68

Bumping for a friend, we just got another batch of Fidelio X2 (and X2HR, X3) Choice pads back in stock! Direct link here, also coming to our fine dealers and allies in the sublime:

We’ve seen a request for Velour... show of hands (or likes?), who wants it? Share the thread to get more votes in!
Well obviously you guys know I'm the one who requested velour; I want to apologize for the overly-abrasive (as abrasive as the velour on the stock earpads, HA) way in which I requested it, my bad! Thank you for taking notice of the request, I really appreciate it.

Anyone else here who would love to see velours for these as well, to get as close to the original stock pads (but with a higher-quality, more comfortable fabric thanks to being Dekonis) as possible? It seems Dekoni is seriously considering the velours idea!

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #38 of 68

:raised_back_of_hand:

Also, Isn't there a better way like making a poll or something instead of @DekoniAudio comment buried in the 3rd page of this thread?

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #39 of 68
:raised_back_of_hand:

Also, Isn't there a better way like making a poll or something instead of @DekoniAudio comment buried in the 3rd page of this thread?
Well, it bumps this thread back to the top of Sponsors, and notifies everyone who was already subscribed, so it’s like a 2-for-1. Yes they could make a new thread with a poll at the top, but it could also lead people to think it was a sure thing Dekoni was committed to. It would get more interest in the X2HR discussion threads you guys are in, but it would also be bad form for one company to hijack another company’s thread. Anyone you guys can share with and send here for a quick like... those are the true, hardcore fans!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #40 of 68

Definitely interested! That there’s no official spare parts is a big limitation of these headphones. It would be great to buy a couple of spare pairs to have peace of mind.

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #41 of 68
Looking through this thread, I hate to agree with certain poster(s), but I picked up the suede and leather pads from the recent restock but I think I'm finding myself preferring the stock pad's sound. I don't know how to properly describe the effect, but the it's like I can hear the empty space within the cups more. It seems especially noticeable for voices like during voice calls or listening to Youtube videos. It seems crazy to me since this seems different from other impressions I've seen where the suede should just enhance how they already sound. I'm still doing listening tests and switching among the stock, suede, and leather, but there's a non-zero chance I might return these pads to Amazon.

Velour pads may be the move here.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #42 of 68
Looking through this thread, I hate to agree with certain poster(s)

I did say that I apologize for the way in which I worded all of my points in past posts, but I guess it's too late for that now and I will always have a reputation as a jerk in this thread. Oh well, I just hope that doesn't detract from people taking a serious look at the arguments for why a velour option would be a great idea.

Apr 12, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #43 of 68
So, I had my Suedes for a few weeks now and after the initial euphoria my excitement has returned to a soft meh again. While I'm going to keep these out of the simple fact that my stock X2 pads were worn out anyway, I'm a bit disappointed.

They are way stiffer in comparison to the stock pads than I thought they would be. Not uncomfortable, mind, but the memory foam takes a good ten minutes before it fully adopts the form they should be. With the stock pads, I didn't have to wait ten seconds. If this is caused by them not being broken in yet (despite me already wearing them almost daily for a month now), is there something I can do to speed up the process?

Apr 12, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #44 of 68
I also have the Suede since a "while". Personally I find them very comfy (small or small/medium head), but the sound is heavily affected.

The signature looses in width, natural, and refinement. It's more direct and intense, vocals have definitely more presence. Bass have less layers, maybe too round overall... Trebles are really softened. I preferred clearly the stock signature, but was disturbed by the pads : very dutch catching and not the best touch for the ears, but acceptable. I am stuck between a better comfort or a better sound quality. Also, I didn't have them for cheap, considering the shipping costs. Fortunately I had the X2HR for a great price, so all together I don't consider having spend tons of money.

I wished they kept a similar sound to the stock, while offering the same comfort.

Apr 13, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #45 of 68
I wished they kept a similar sound to the stock, while offering the same comfort.

Thus why Dekoni is asking us if we want them to make a Velour option, heh. It sounds to me like you would probably find a velour option to be very desirable, yes? It would be much more similar to the stock sound (one of the main if not the biggest issue with suede is that it forms a tighter seal) and be even more comfortable than the stock pads since Dekoni uses a very high quality velour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back