Dekoni Blue Loaner Tour
Jul 6, 2018 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97
FFE94B28-C666-439A-8067-E6C25F381B66.jpeg

Do you want to try before you buy? Curious what “the big deal” is with Planar Magnetic headphones? Hoping for a consensus opinion from unpaid reviews? Answering the call, Dekoni is sponsoring a “Review Tour” for our Dekoni Blue Headphone.

We’re also well aware that the Fostex T50RP MK III that the Blue is based on is also one of the harder to drive headphones on the market... so we’ll also ship along a Fostex HP-A4 Digital Amplifier, so you can hear for yourself the difference a desktop amplifier (and DAC) can make in bringing out more of the Blue potential. Don’t miss the chance to try a higher end, boutique headphone, just for the price of one way shipping!

Joining the tour is easy: post your interest in this thread and that you agree to the terms and conditions, and we’ll supply the headphones and help you with the rest. If you post a review, impressions, or photos on Instagram, please tag them with #DekoniBlue

The official discussion thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dekoni-audio-blue-official-fostex-t50-rp-headphones.873064/

Product page on Head-Fi:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dekoni-blue.23099/

We also made a fun playlist of songs that sound great on the Blue!

Spotify:

TIDAL:
https://tidal.com/playlist/3eede746-b010-401d-8c8b-ab080da3577b

5A9008A2-4B57-44B1-B693-B794313FA04A.jpeg

Loaner Program Terms and Conditions

This tour is currently in the USA only. You can keep the loaner Blue for a week. Enjoy the headphones! A review is optional but much appreciated by Dekoni and everyone next in line, or post pictures on Facebook or Instagram tagged with #DekoniBlue so people can see them “in the wild.”

You must be OK with your real name and address being privately provided to another person in the forums for shipping purposes. The DekoniAudio account (marked as “Sponsor” by Head-Fi) will contact you privately to communicate shipping information. You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the loaner along. You can use any shipping method you prefer (UPS, FedEx, USPS) but a tracking number is required.

Please post in this thread upon receipt of the Blue, and when you have shipped the headphones out to the next person on the tour.

Please take care of the headphones and accessories, and do not modify them either.

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Jul 6, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 97
Thanks to everyone who has shared Listening Impressions:
@Army-Firedawg.......Blue Review and a Youtube review
@Voxata.....................Post #52
@elira.........................Post #54
@Wiljen......................Post #58 and a full review
@Cruelhand Luke......Post #59
@Dadbeh ..................Post #64
@Ripper2860 ............Post #71

Tour List:
caenlenfromOCN
Army-Firedawg
JLoud
Nosaj1969
Elira
Voxata
Wiljen
Cruelhand_Luke
Wormsdriver
Dadbeh
Interweb-tech
MShenay
Ripper2860
Ngoshawk
Feilong4
Ksorota
Buffalomatt

Who currently has got the Blues?
Buffalomatt and Sharkhunter

Estimated month (figuring shipping time)

Unit 1Unit 2
Upcoming
@Kramertc @

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 97
I am interested in trying these. I currently own the Argon MK2 from modhouse audio, and have heard almost every variant of the MK3 driver in stock form, t20rp, t50rp, and t40rp. very interested to see how these sound/compare to my Argons.

Count me in for the loaner program if you will have me, I am located in Indiana, USA

I agree to the terms and conditions.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 97
I would love to try these, but I suspect being in the UK would count me out?
TheCatnipMouse,
We certainly appreciate your interest! However, this tour will be for the USA only. Right now, the Dekoni Blue can only be sold in the US and Japan anyway, due to trade agreements. However, you still have a place as the first who asked about the tour, and the first from Europe! This thread (and the discussion thread) will be a good place to read impressions, and we’ll see where the future takes us. We WILL have a Dekoni booth at CanJam London with many pads, as well as a portable measurement rig to let you compare YOUR headphones with stock pads vs wearing Dekoni pads.

I am interested in trying these. I currently own the Argon MK2 from modhouse audio, and have heard almost every variant of the MK3 driver in stock form, t20rp, t50rp, and t40rp. very interested to see how these sound/compare to my Argons.

Count me in for the loaner program if you will have me, I am located in Indiana, USA

I agree to the terms and conditions.

Fantastic! We will PM you for shipping details.

Jul 6, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 97
If able, I'd very much like to listen to the #DekoniBlue. I've never even listen to any T50rp w/ or w/o any mod so this'll be a first me. I'll also post a written review on here and a video review on YouTube if accepted.

I also agree to the terms and conditions set forth for the tour. Regardless of the outcome, thank you Deconi for making this tour and enabling a few people to be able to listen to your product.

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #7 of 97
I'm very interested to hear these and write my impressions. I have several DAC and AMP combos with which to test. I have an Audio-gd R2R DAC and NF1-BAMP as well as a Schiit Audio Jotunheim and Modi Multibit with a Vali2. Would like to see what these are like in comparison to my Hi-Fi Man 4XXs. Thank you!

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #9 of 97
I'm very interested to hear these and write my impressions. I have several DAC and AMP combos with which to test. I have an Audio-gd R2R DAC and NF1-BAMP as well as a Schiit Audio Jotunheim and Modi Multibit with a Vali2. Would like to see what these are like in comparison to my Hi-Fi Man 4XXs. Thank you!

I’m interested. I listened to them briefly at CanJam but I think I would get a better idea of their sound using my system and music I know.

That is indeed the point of this tour! Do you two agree to the terms and conditions?

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #12 of 97
I would like to try these as well. Have many planar headphones but have not tried any of the fostex variants. I agree to the terms of participation.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #13 of 97
TheCatnipMouse,
We certainly appreciate your interest! However, this tour will be for the USA only. Right now, the Dekoni Blue can only be sold in the US and Japan anyway, due to trade agreements. However, you still have a place as the first who asked about the tour, and the first from Europe! This thread (and the discussion thread) will be a good place to read impressions, and we’ll see where the future takes us. We WILL have a Dekoni booth at CanJam London with many pads, as well as a portable measurement rig to let you compare YOUR headphones with stock pads vs wearing Dekoni pads.

Drats drats and double drats. I will watch the threads with interest. Cheers.

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #15 of 97
I would be very interested in trying out the Blue as I have a Mr. Speakers modified T50rp along with the original so have some experience with the base product from which the Blue was developed. I'd be happy to post a review once completed and of course will abide by the terms of the loan/tour.

Thanks for considering me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back