Dekoni Audio: Audio Technica Pads
Sep 28, 2018 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22
Dekoni is pleased to announce custom-made upgrade pads for Audio Technica's ATH-AD series! Adding to the pads compatible with the Audio Technica M series pads, these new represent a noticeable upgrade in comfort and sound as well as a choice of Elite Velour, Sheepskin, and Fenestrated Sheepskin material options to suit your tastes.

EPZ-ATHAD-FNSK HP.jpg

Types of Pads

Cool and comfortable, Dekoni’s Elite Velour is of a tighter weave than typical Velour pads, allowing for slightly better isolation and transfer of sound waves. Very soft feeling (Less stiff and scratchy than stock Audio Technica) and considered by many to be the most comfortable pad surface material!
EPZ-ATHAD-ELVL MAIN.jpg

The Sheepskin pads offer a long-life, easy to clean, sealed pad option. Choosing Sheepskin over the more common protein leathers provides a more breathable surface and less sweat production, while still acting to focus the sound directly to your ears with minimal absorption. They are also easy to keep clean and looking like new for a long time!
EPZ-ATHAD-SK TOP.jpg

Fenestrated Sheepskin is like an “aerated” sheepskin pad. Precisely measured and cut holes in the sheepskin give this pad a more true tone by providing a neutral sound absorption characteristic on the inside of the pad. So, just the good stuff makes it to your ears, and you hear a more natural sound out of your headphone. The perforations also allow the pad to “breathe” and more heat to escape.

Dekoni tunes all our pads specifically for each headphone model; feature slow-rebound, high density memory foam; and have a squared-off shape to better couple and seal with your head. They are less hard and more squishy than most pads, to better mold to the contours of your bone structure, eliminating hot spots (even with glasses). If you have found your AD headphones to create a hot spot on your jaw, you need to try these!
EPZ-ATHAD-FNSK BOTTOM.jpg
Prices range from $59.99 to $79.99, depending on what kind of surface material is selected. The Dekoni Audio Technica AD pad pages are available here: https://dekoniaudio.com/filter/?product_cat=audio-technica+ad700&product_cat=audio-technica+ad700

Attachments

• FNSK_DETAIL.jpg
    FNSK_DETAIL.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Sep 28, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 22
Fenestrated Sheepskin is like an “aerated” sheepskin pad. Precisely measured and cut holes in the sheepskin give this pad a more true tone by providing a neutral sound absorption characteristic on the inside of the pad. So, just the good stuff makes it to your ears, and you hear a more natural sound out of your headphone.
I'm going to strongly disagree with part of this, as the inner contour of these pads are VERY different from stock pads, and create a VERY different sound. I recently tried these perforated leather pads for my AD700X, and suddenly everything was too bassy. Then I realized, the inner pad contour is different!

Using the sheepskin pads on AD1000X, though, there was not much of a difference.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 22
Hello @CT700
It is important to note that the pads in your link are not Dekoni, and have a different (more generic) design. Rest assured we tested and customized these pads for the AD-series before announcing them ready to go! We are working our way through giving objective measurements of our new pads, but we are doing the most requested pads first.

Dekoni Elite pads (left/first) versus Somebody Else’s pads:
EPZ-ATHAD-FNSK MAIN.jpg 61E403B5-6866-40D9-B282-B183F59F4DB9.jpeg

Last edited:

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 22
Where did that other pad pic go..? =P This one looks totally different. And much improved! :]

I didn't want to mention what brand that pad is, haha... I wouldn't call it "generic", though.

This is a prototype or what? This material honestly looks like it would be irritating/scratchy :\
FNSK_DETAIL-1-600x600.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #11 of 22
Will these fit the audio technica w3000?

Compatible with the ATH-R70x?

We tested and support these pads fitting on the AD series of headphones:
•AD500
•AD700
•AD900
•AD1000
•AD2000
•AD500x
•AD700x
•AD900x
•AD1000x
•AD2000x

The pads may fit other models, but we do not guarantee it and the sound may not be right.

Oct 19, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #12 of 22
We are working our way through giving objective measurements of our new pads
You are referring to audio measurements? Are any measurements/FR graphs for these pads, compared to the stock pads, available yet? If so, where can I see them?
Thanks

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #13 of 22
I want answer for the above question as well...

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #14 of 22
You are referring to audio measurements? Are any measurements/FR graphs for these pads, compared to the stock pads, available yet? If so, where can I see them?
Thanks

Thanks for your long term patience... we originally performed a fast 50 point graph, but we thought it would be more beneficial to redo it with a 500 point graph (and really careful seating on our microphone dummy!). We’re also training another of our employees to make the graphs, so when Tal is away we can still get these done. Doing more today, in fact, for some new upcoming models!

The graph plots are aligned at 50 hz, uncompensated.
284BF95D-4B80-4627-96ED-62F176F34B94.jpeg

Jun 11, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #15 of 22
Where did that other pad pic go..? =P This one looks totally different. And much improved! :]

I didn't want to mention what brand that pad is, haha... I wouldn't call it "generic", though.

This is a prototype or what? This material honestly looks like it would be irritating/scratchy :\
FNSK_DETAIL-1-600x600.jpg

By the way, this is Sheepskin, and our older style of perforations. The skin looks a little wrinkly this close up, from the process of cutting the holes, but it still feels smooth. We now use a dye-cut process and modified the design to make the Fenestrated pads more durable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back