Dekoni ÆON Elite Pads Now Launched
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
Hey Dekoni fans! Today, we’re proud to present our Elite pads for Dan Clark Audio’s ÆON portable headphones!

AeonX_FNSK2.jpg

Dan Clark and his team are wizards when it comes to squeezing high performance out of headphones since their start as Mr Speakers with modified headphones, till now with their in-house made headphones. Dan’s passion and lavish attention to detail is evident in the ÆON line, with the self-adjusting NiTinol headband, carbon fiber earcups, and all the advanced alien science that went into the accordion-diaphragm planar-magnetic drivers, clearly representing the goal of an uncompromising closed headphone under $1000.

1597417443296.jpeg
Which is where Dekoni comes in! DCA uses synthetic leather on their stock pads, but Dekoni wanted to offer the Elite option with real sheepskin earpads. Now, owners of the closed or open ÆON, ÆON Flow, and ÆON 2 headphones can further customize their experience to their own tastes. Choose your style from solid, fenestrated, and hybrid – with Sheepskin on the inside and outside lining, and Elite Velour where the pad makes contact with your face. We also needed to consider the best way to mount the pads without losing their seal. After some back and forth, we have decided to safely adhere the pads flush with the carbon fiber earcups, using the same red 3M tape we use with our Dekoni Nuggets, which also reduces the chance of leaving residue behind if the Dekoni pads are removed.

With an MSRP of $69.99 for the Sheepskin, and $79.99 for the Fenestrated or Hybrid, this high-end upgrade is shipping today from dekoniaudio.com, or contact your favorite retailer!

AeonX_SK3.jpgAeonX_HYB5.jpgAeonX_FNSK3.jpg

sales@dekoniaudio.com | dekoniaudio.com | facebook.com/dekoniaudio | instagram: @dekoniaudio.com

Edit:
Measurements are now up on our measurements thread.
Head-Fi: Dekoni Aeon Measurements

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 35
Nice! My Aeon pads has started to deteriorate. Always wanted a sheepskin option, definitely going to order one. :)

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 35
Eagerly waiting for measurements before choosing! My AFO RT pads foam has moved quite a lot within the pleather. I can't seem to be able to massage/pinch it back fully in place and it's not sealing as well anymore, it rotated that much...). I would probably be able to fix it by removing it from the headphone but I don't want to mess with it that way until I have a second pair of pads just in case.

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #11 of 35
^^^ THIS ^^^^ We SE Master and Monitor fans are wanting pads!!!

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 35
Eagerly waiting for measurements before choosing! My AFO RT pads foam has moved quite a lot within the pleather. I can't seem to be able to massage/pinch it back fully in place and it's not sealing as well anymore, it rotated that much...). I would probably be able to fix it by removing it from the headphone but I don't want to mess with it that way until I have a second pair of pads just in case.
I can get mine to it's original form but it only lasts a day or so before becoming a collapsed mess again. It only started happening like a month and a half after I did a review of the RT so I missed out on mentioning it in my review.

Aug 14, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 35
Awesome news! Fortunately, I have a bit of a way to go with my current pads, but having more choice is a win! Thanks for supporting the DCA community with aftermarket pads!

Aug 15, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 35
If the measurements are the same or larger than the original, I'll pick up a set. By the looks of my <1 month old DCA pads, It appears the original wont last long without me fingering them back into shape. Photo attached.

Attachments

• DCA AFC2 Pads.png
    DCA AFC2 Pads.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back