defective xbox 360 controller?
Feb 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

music_man

Headphoneus Supremus
wired to a pc. for a year i wondered what prevented multiple displays on multiple computers from auto powering down. or the screensaver. it will constantly randomly wake back up. i finally figured out what it is. do you think the controller is a defective one or a known problem with it? or perhaps something with microsofts software. that is all that is loaded, the driver. i could get another but i will be miffed if it is the same issue. i googled this and nothing came up. nonethelsss, i am happy i finally figured it out. for a long time i blamed it on the poor g500. which it turned out not to be. i was sure it was a usb device though. there is no option to turn off "wake" on the 360 controller like other devices.

thanks.

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 3
lo and behold. searched all over the net. found some non discript update on ms site. seems to have fixed it. too soon to tell for sure though. hmm. after all this time. i wonder what the toll on my display was.

edit: software did not fix it. it remains unplugged right now. i will see about getting a replacement. if in fact it is not a bug in the device rather than a defective unit.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 3
ok fixed. omg, all the time i dealt with this bs. got a new one works fine. finally. interestingly it found new hardware when i plugged it in. obviously the old one was defective. dang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back